President Biden removes Trump's mysterious red button from the Oval Office

the red button was it his own idea or a behavioural experiment placed there by scientists?

25 Likes

Didn’t Johnson have a Fresca button installed in the Oval Office? I’m disappointed that no journalist is actually digging into the presidential history of this type of thing rather than lazily digging on Trump.

3 Likes

He moves slow enough to be easy prey for feral boas.

14 Likes

Are you, though?

12 Likes

The thing looks pretty ornate and over-engineered to not have a history behind it.

2 Likes

The alternative would have been to drill into the resolute desk.

edit: looks like they would have had to get the box made up but I don’t think its anything really special.

4 Likes

Alligators are protected, right? Can’t feed them garbage.

13 Likes

Please stop giving this guy free media. It’s what got him to the presidency in the first place. I know you need the clicks, but just… please.

6 Likes

We now know that prior to his presidency, Lincoln took a “blue mass” pill for melancholia that contained mercury, a known neurotoxin. It is supposed now that it caused him to exhibit bizarre fits of rage. I wonder if future historians will attribute Donald Trump’s erratic and sociopathic behaviors to Diet Coke toxicosis.

4 Likes

15 Likes

Or: “Regurgitated remains of impeached ex-president found on golf course. Apparently there are some things even a gator won’t choke down.

13 Likes

It was a gift from the Russian Embassy. Trump was advised that it would work best when placed near whichever phone he used to discuss matters of national security.

30 Likes

Drinking diet sodas is also not correlated with better health or lower BMI. Case in point

5 Likes

The diet coke was the only item consumed during the Trump Presidency that was less than 2000 calories.

6 Likes

I knew I should have put scare quotes around the word “diet”…

:wink:

5 Likes

from Doris Kearns Goodwin’s Lyndon Johnson and the American Dream.

But it was in an adjoining cubbyhole, a somewhat less classy place than the desk/oval office…

Least of Trump’s crimes, tho.

13 Likes

This mysterious button, when pressed, would cause a single, random person somewhere on earth to die instantly. Unlike similar buttons described in philosophical thought experiments, this button did not provide any reward to the presser. Nevertheless, Trump still enjoyed pressing it and giggling to himself every once in a while.

17 Likes

The red button for diet coke is not even the weirdest thing Trump has done, it’s been a strange four years. I am flabbergasted that thousands of people support him and make excuses for him. And from people who don’t normally tolerate eccentrics and weirdos.

7 Likes

FTFY :wink:

Edit: D’oh, as did Brainspore.
My over-keen schadenfreude at Trump’s situation got the better of me!

1 Like

If only this were true, and at some point they’d changed the functionality so that it gave shocks instead of caffeinated beverages.

4 Likes