President-elect Trump returns to Twitter to lash out at "very unfair" media

The last few days have been full of worried people. Black people, Hispanic people, Muslim people, Jewish people, and LGBT people worried about what is going to happen to them. Women worried about their autonomy and white men worried about their friends. I’ve seen lots of tweets of suicide and depression hotlines by people really concerned that we all make it through this.

And then we have a president who campaigned on a platform of hatred against such people, and is currently appointing hate group members to his transition team. These are the two extremes you are talking about, the ones you are both faulting for not having a meeting of the minds.

I am so tired of seeing this again and again. You know, maybe some things should be divisive – when people are trying hard to hurt other people, according to their own words and actions, maybe we shouldn’t fault their victims for not wanting to stand next to them. Or I guess we can keep complaining about how the two sides don’t come together, erasing all the other people who can’t attend such a meeting.

17 Likes