President Trump attempted to "blackmail" TV hosts with threat of tabloid smears, they claim

His core supporters, at least a quarter of the electorate, seem perfectly happy seeing him act like a clownish version of a Putin-style autocrat, which probably means no real consequences in the court of public opinion.

This will have to be resolved with investigations and elections. If that doesn’t happen, the country is basically screwed.

12 Likes

Throwing up on the Queen and sodomising a couple of corgis at the royal banquet?

Nah - there’d still be some of his base who’d applaud.

7 Likes

I’ve really stumbled onto a fascinating mind exercise; what, exactly, would it take?

Is there really no line he can cross that someone somewhere will not defend mindlessly?

7 Likes

A lot of his minions would claim it is “fake news”. Even if they were present when it happened. Space aliens, doncha know?

7 Likes

Well, to be honest, it’s the “mindlessly” thing that pretty much guarantees there will always be defenders or mitigators no matter what he does. And then there’s the deniers - they’ll never figure it out.

2 Likes

President Trump attempted to “blackmail” TV hosts with threat of tabloid smears

6 Likes

I kind of think “his base” would eat that up. You know, the 30-40% of American adults who are apparently full fledged fascist brown shirts.

5 Likes

Don’t bring them into this, Trump is not their fault.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I was kind of excluding the more negatively-aligned reptilians from that statement. His administration is crawling with those scaley fucks.

3 Likes

Given that Trump’s supporters certainly seem to slant to older age groups, I would say your anecdote reenforces the notion that time can solve these types of problems. No offense to your grandparents, but considering mortality is an inherent part of the human condition, it’s good to look at its upside from time to time.

2 Likes

I have often thought that it’s not a bad thing that fewer Trump voters exist now than did on Nov 8.

1 Like

Ordering a nuke strike on Texas.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, this particular bingo board is shaping up to be infinitely long and infinitely wide, so actually landing a “winning” combination will be a lot harder.

9 Likes

This is why you don’t even try to argue with your racist uncle. He’s a lost cause, but maybe your cousins aren’t.

5 Likes

Steps 12 and 13 of his secret plan to defeat ISIS, ladies and gentlemen.

6 Likes

To them it’s a never ending Howard Stern Show. Constant crass entertainment. Unopposed vulgarity. Fishnet stocking approach to news. The problem is that there is no network to cut him off.

I’ve fantasized about Twitter cutting his ass off. Drying up the pool of shit that he stirs up every fucking day. Which leads me to to think that once the entertainment value is cut off the show is over. Serious thought is to be given to a worldwide boycott of Twitter. Sure there will be other outlets for his venomous rhetoric but why not start shutting down the venue.

This is a culture war that is happening. Once trump folks are reminded that they are being forgotten and less amused and realize they are being screwed biggly, the tide will eventually turn.
#Fuck Twitter

8 Likes

That’s one hell of a Freudian slip, but I’m inclined to say it’s his, not yours. Didn’t he once say Ivanka was hot and he’d bang her if she wasn’t his daughter?

6 Likes

Ummm yeah

3 Likes

Easily could be spun as “cheap way to build a wall (of nuclear radiation)”

4 Likes

Ooh, good one.

1 Like

But, what about Austin???

6 Likes