President Trump is ranting on Twitter about MSNBC host's "bleeding facelift"

It’s distracting, certainly, but I don’t believe it’s a distraction. I mean, how could you possibly tell? He’s doing awful things 24/7 and saying awful things 24/7, so sure, his saying a horrible thing is going to correlate really well with there being another horrible thing going on in the background, that should get more attention.

Outside of that, I feel like we’ve done a fairly good job of… not getting distracted. Sure, we all had a good laugh at covfefe, but it didn’t really seem to slow down activism on other fronts. If these are distraction tactics, they aren’t working very well.

8 Likes

I want my real fake news taken back. And made greater againer.

5 Likes

I remember when this was fake news and peer reviewed science were facts. :cry:

11 Likes

Trumpie deserves a study in the Journal of Irreproducible Results.

5 Likes

[quote=“hawkeward, post:28, topic:103772, full:true”]
The tiny fists concentrate the impact.
[/quote]

4 Likes

I propose that we re-brand scientists “reality truthers”.

8 Likes

It’s clear that whatever the guys at Morning Joe are doing, it’s working.

6 Likes

Hiz asayin’ wut weez athunkin’!

11 Likes

The problem of course is that we never asked to see his long form mirth certificate. It’s clearly expired.

9 Likes

Which illustrates why they’re to be pitied rather than feared. These people inhabit a mindset where no matter how much they win, they still feel like schoolchildren being picked on. Their philosophy is its own punishment.

5 Likes

Not mutually exclusive.

9 Likes

Trump seems to know which rooms his guests sleep in at Mar-a-Lago. Check the rooms for cameras. (Creepy peeper wouldn’t very bad on the Trump spectrum.)

Neverland Meets Graceland - Secret Weddings, Rollercoaster Romances, Lisa Marie Presley, Michael Jackson August 15, 1994, Tom Gliatto, People

This much seems certain: The two definitely get along and enjoy hanging around together. When they stayed a week at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Fla., last winter, they spent each evening, says Trump, “holding hands and talking until the wee hours”—even if they did always adjourn to separate bedrooms.

Hmm. Not specifically quoting Trump there.

That was my takeaway, that Trump thinks a lot about women bleeding.

ETA: Actually, I’ve been thinking about this some more, and I’d just like to add: insulting women by saying they were bleeding is some really fucked up shit. Does he think this is a good insult, does he actually remember this happening, or does he imagine it happening at the time? This is worthy of a weird first person dream sequence in a movie about a serial killer.

6 Likes

I’ve seen a couple of articles today that address 45’s fascination with women and blood:

7 Likes

Two great and complementary pieces.

2 Likes

Someone really, really needs to sneak a used Always pad onto Trump’s chair.

He’d spend the next month scrubbing himself clean and refinishing the Oval Office down to the studs.

2 Likes

Corn syrup and food dye would do. Watching him rage-tweet about “FAKE BLOOD!” would be great,

4 Likes

True. And real blood would have DNA in it. Wouldn’t want the “donor” face possible prosecution under the new Giving President Girl Cooties Act.

2 Likes