"Pro-God, Pro-Life, Pro-Gun" candidate arrested for second time, charged with third-degree assault and suspicion of DUI

Originally published at: "Pro-God, Pro-Life, Pro-Gun" candidate arrested for second time, charged with third-degree assault and suspicion of DUI | Boing Boing

12 Likes

GQP family values, I can’t stop laughing, what a keeper she is.

21 Likes

The republican party of the 2020’s be like…

26 Likes

My least favorite politicians are those who thump Bibles with guns.
Generally they love the word Freedom almost as much as they despise personal freedom.

16 Likes

Did she bite the officer’s finger, or bend it? Both are bad, but one is another level of craziness.

Edit: I see the post has been corrected now, formerly it said she had bitten the officer’s finger.

5 Likes

Assaulting an officer isn’t supporting the police, candidate.

16 Likes

To me as an outsider, it sure does seem like seeking a minor GOP Congress seat is the last option for the hard-core unemployables who haven’t quite reached the financial point of living under a bridge someplace. Am I wrong?

12 Likes

I really wish more of these GOP fuckers would stop using religion and politics to distract from their glaring personal problems and individual failures. I wish their fucked up shallow religion would stop enabling it too.

It’s a vain thing to wish but that doesn’t stop me.

23 Likes

And yet, most Republicans would still vote for her before they’d vote for a sensible, reasonable, centrist Democrat.

22 Likes

I’m rather disappointed by the mugshot. I suppose it’s not how she would want to be photographed, but my standards for drunk and disorderly mugshots are significantly more exacting.

6 Likes

This is 100% true.

After Chris Collins stepped into a massive pile of shit by LITERALLY getting caught on camera inside trading on the White House lawn during a picnic, he still ran in my district and won before being thrown in jail.

15 Likes

Apparently the spirit(s) moved her…

5 Likes

“If your faith is strong enough drunk driving doesn’t matter because God will protect you.”

Admittedly, the speaker was Mormon, not Christian.

2 Likes

To be fair, it does show a pretty strong belief that, no matter what you do, the current state of the police and policing will work out to your advantage. And that’s what “supporting the police” is all about, isn’t it?

5 Likes

Nope! That’s how Billy Long ended up in Congress.

3 Likes

Was she the mastermind of the Bowling Green Massacre?

16 Likes

Pro-asshole, more like it…

#NeverVoteRepublican - all you get is THIS
#TaxTheChurches - they enable them
#TaxTheRich - they haven’t been properly taxed since the 1950s and they enable them

2 Likes

but how does she feel about defunding the police?

2 Likes

I had understood that the Mormon faith frowned on drinking alcohol. I could be mistaken.

5 Likes

Thinking about it I agree–her words shocked me enough at the time I didn’t even think of that.

On the other hand, she was from the polygamous offshoot, perhaps they have a different view of alcohol.

2 Likes