Pro-Trump activist kicked off plane for refusing to wear a mask

“I made a chart. On average, blue states have seen steadily declining coronavirus infections since mid-April. On average, red states have… not.”

I’m not one to say “good” in this case, but I do think it’s been long overdue for conservatives to learn the hard way that facts and science and reality don’t necessarily conform to your talking points and dogma, no matter how loud you shout them over a liberal guest on Fox News.

7 Likes

This is from an article behind a paywall at Talking Points Memo, but here is the relevant graph. Similar numbers for MA, CT, PA, others, although CA seems to be rising or plateauing. Basically the trend is that states previously only mildly impacted are now getting huge spikes-- AZ, TX, FL, etc.

4 Likes

Let’s make it simple.

No shirt, no shoes, no mask? No service.

5 Likes

Yet again, a rightwing nitwit demonstates absolutely no regard for private property or the operational requirements of a private business.

Righties have no regard for anything “not self,” just like a months old infant.

3 Likes

The WaPo is reporting that he’s now been banned by the airline.

12 Likes

I don’t see one less passenger significantly impacting the airplane’s “weights and balances”, so… sure. Good to go!

2 Likes

How is it these people didn’t protest when TSA began mandating “random” pat-downs, “random” bag checks, full-body scanners, removal of shoes, belts, jackets, liquids of a certain size, all in the name of safety theater? But when masks are proven again and again to actually make us safer (not just feel safer) it’s a violation of their rights.

10 Likes

“pro-Trump” is a synonym for “asshole”, so there’s really no need to spell it out.

1 Like

CA is an outlier among blue states when it comes to health issues thanks to all the otherwise blue-voting white upper-middle-classers who also think vaccines are poison. Also everywhere outside of a 50 ring around SF and LA is very red.

3 Likes

Skirts, kilts, sarongs, etc should be fine.

2 Likes

There’s a separate no-fly list for his type.

1 Like

Are there any other countries where people are refusing to wear masks? Or is it just dumb Americans?

3 Likes

Mexico. Many people think the news of the virus is overblown; that God will protect them, or sheer machismo will be enough to overcome the illness.

8 Likes

No pants = no charge?

1 Like

Sweden too, though “no masks” is more like official policy. They’re intentionally doing very little about the virus, and it shows in their numbers. At one point they were in worse shape than the US, and they’re consistently much much worse than their neighboring countries. Norway is in stark contrast (and a perfect A/B test)- they took strong measures aligned with the science immediately, and the virus is very much under control there.

4 Likes

Well sir – I want you to know - we have upgraded your seat to the no mask zone… located on our wing.

2 Likes

The urban rural divide is not really specific to california. There are a lot of entitled rich white people in California and it goes well beyond anti-vaxxers. But another big reason California is an outlier for coronavirus is that for a blue state it has a very large agricultural workforce – largely hispanic with many immigrants, documented or not. Agricultural workers are deemed essential but in many cases their employers are not taking proper precautions. It’s a very similar story to midwestern meatpacking plants.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.