Pro-Trump activist kicked off plane for refusing to wear a mask

“Pro-Trump Activist”

That’s a very roundabout way of calling someone a trolley

16 Likes

I believe that’s in response to new FAA guidelines.

There’s mouth-flapping about if the FAA has the power to enforce mask wearing. Sounds like complete BS. It’s clearly an issue of crew and passenger safety, which is squarely in their corner (but not during this administration).

7 Likes

Its silly that the FAA won’t take a stance on it because its necessary, however Airlines can refuse someone’s ability to fly in one of their planes with a good enough reason. Being uncooperative about wearing a mask would be enough and i’m glad this person got kicked off.

18 Likes

I thought conservatives believed in the rights of businesses to refuse service.

He’s just trying and failing to be even a third rate Milo. Kinda sad. Too dumb to come up with his own grift.

24 Likes

The “asshole” is implied

3 Likes

Not to white men who vote Trump… /s

16 Likes

Funny how all those claims about freedom and free enterprise disappear when a company is asking them to wear a mask on their airplane rather than their right to e.g. refuse to hire black people.

10 Likes

right, my apprehension was more centered around the notion of labeling reactionary scum as activists

2 Likes

There honestly shouldn’t be any need for the FAA to make this specific rule. The FAA along with the CDC asked airlines to implement policies to reduce the spread of COVID. All of them did, including requirement for mask wearing. So a specific rule about masks should be redundant. But apparently assholes like this are also stupid. What a surprise.

5 Likes

Businesses have had the right to enforce a dress code for decades. Demanding to wear a mask within their premises is no different than demanding to wear shoes or pants.
What, those codes were meant as an excuse to exclude colored people, you say? Too bad, Mr gander, you’re joining the gooses today

7 Likes

It is largely pointless because the airlines can implement policies but that gives idiots enough wiggle room to complain because in their eyes its not mandatory, just a guideline. Seen as such i think the FAA is shirking its responsibility for ensuring the safety of passengers and airline workers by taking a hands off approach, just say its mandatory. But hey, with this current administration i’m not surprised that all of the federal agencies are bungling their response to the pandemic to appease the bunker boy.

4 Likes

So he doesn’t want to wear a mask because he has a medical condition, which is that he’s lacking in sanity?

I cringed when the guy shooting the video wiped his forehead and then his eyes with his hand. I hope he just used sanitizer on that hand because the inside of that cabin is a petri dish.

3 Likes

Yeah, but this is different… it’s a WHITE MAN… Talk about actual human rights violations!!! /s

chappelle-show-white-man-talking

15 Likes

:joy: 34k feet up… Sir, I don’t care where you go, but you can’t stay here.

4 Likes

On average, blue states have seen steadily declining coronavirus infections since mid-April. On average, red states have… not.

If verified, this is potentially huge.

2 Likes

He’s a Freeman in the Air, trying to find the magic words to make the airline’s rules disappear.

2 Likes

I’d prefer to not wear pants on a plane. Are my rights being violated?

4 Likes

Depends on what kind of underoos you’d be wearing :wink:

6 Likes

I wouldn’t take this too seriously unless you remake the plot excluding the new york city area. Their huge outbreak tended to dwarf the statistics of the rest of the country early on, and their containment since has been largely successful. But when I spot check other blue states, it doesn’t look like they have been particularly effective either. If the trend doesn’t hold up without new york, then you can expect the blue line to turn around now as the outsized effect of new york city wanes and the rest of the country catches up.

2 Likes

Maybe, but I think then the same people just say that the FAA doesn’t have the authority, or that the rule is unconstitutional and violates their freedoms or something. If they were logical like you suggest they wouldn’t protest the ability of the airline to make a simple rule to reduce the health risk to their passengers and crew.

3 Likes