Project Veritas kicked off Twitter

Also, “I’m not a… but…”

5 Likes

Pravda is, of course the official organ of the Communist Part of the USSR and is not to be confused with Izvestia, the organ of the Soviet government. “Pravda” means “truth” and “Izvestia” means “news” There is a pat (but probably not very outspoken) saying in Moscow that there’s no news in Pravda and no truth in Izvestia

“Talk of the Town”, The New Yorker, Feb 5 1944, p 16

3 Likes

IIRC he is, or was, on probation for wiretapping an office in Louisiana. Pretty sure he’s a convict, in any case. (I could Google it but I’m on my 2nd sidecar.)

EDIT: I’m right, lest someone otherwise make a thing out of me posting while tipsy. (& @deltaecho had pointed it out anyway)

4 Likes

Also “I’m an atheist/liberal/democrat” usually followed by the most obvious right wing/fundie crap you can find.

4 Likes

Strange how Twitter, etc are seemingly finding a spine since He Who Shall Not Be Named was ousted.

4 Likes

And nothing of value was lost.

And before anyone @'s us with "but think of the slippery slope and how this stuff will get applied to progressives and minorities, it’s ALREADY been being done to progressives and minorities for years. Twitter is notorious for banning liberal voices when the conservative mobs come for them. Hell, it’s been going on for decades when you take into account all other media including television, newspapers, etc. Of course NOW it’s a problem because it hits the people who used to control the narrative, and that can’t be tolerated.

2 Likes

And yet if you bring up how in their infamous ACORN videos they went to multiple sites trying the same “pimp” stunt, only to have the staff there call the cops, or that Veritas ended up paying Planned Parenthood $2million for their fraudulent video “sting” operation, the average conservative wouldn’t know anything about it.

A lie travels halfway around the world while the truth is still putting its shoes on.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.