#ProtectMueller protests demand justice, “Trump is not above the law.” (Video, Photos)

So, no unicorn then? Pity.

Take a look at Trump’s reactions every time Mueller makes something public. Trump clearly doesn’t enjoy it much. Trump is also sufficiently distracted (and distractible) that he has lashed out, tantrum-style, against the Fourth Estate.

And he fired Sessions. So, you see, it’s untrue to suggest that the investigation is a sideshow, when it seems capable of derailing the Trump Administration—and that’s not even the intended effect.

No harm in doing both, but you seem to be arguing that there is nothing to be gained from using the institutions of law enforcement and the judiciary against Trump.

You’ve said you’re not a US citizen. That can lead to a feeling of powerlessness watching what we’re going through (like Alaskans feel every two years).

I’m not saying you shouldn’t be concerned—but we are working the problem.

What Mueller did during the lead in the Iraq war is not germane. He’s not running for office. He’s doing his job. Don’t worry about Mueller—just let him do his job, and we’ll keep pressure on in other ways.

Sound good?

3 Likes

I went to the (very) local protest here near work. Definitely a strong turnout for a suburban town. None of the creative signs I saw at other locations, but a few hundred people turning out immediately after work hours is pretty strong.

3 Likes

It would have been nice to get the Senate too, but that was a long shot. Blocking further appointments from this administration is less important than the House right now, so I think it’s fair to say we have skynet by the balls now.

Twisting starts on January 3rd. Write your congresscritter! I’ll write mine, even though he’s as likely to be useful as a two inch-long crowbar.

Someone is going to have to explain this one to me.

2 Likes

Thing is investigations and what have can throw a monkey wrench into appointments. And many non judicial appointments require both houses.

Like imagine if the house had been throwing out subpoenas during the Kavanaugh hearings to get at those documents. Or to force what’s his face to testify. The house could have opened its own investigation into the allegations.

2 Likes

Gritty is the overlord of antifa now. :wink:

2 Likes

I didn’t even think of this. Yeah, you’re right.

I’m simultaneously horrified and, well, maybe intrigued is a really strong word.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Jesus Fire Emblem Restarting Christ.

This is a horror story now.

1 Like

America is not unanimous but a solid majority has opposed him from day one.

5 Likes

That’s because they aren’t meant to stoke national terror. They’re meant to stoke terror in very particular groups.

Could call them, maybe, “Urban” groups? “Inner City”?

1 Like

Papasan is just too polite to say “bastard.”

3 Likes

“Soros-backed groups prepare their shock troops to protect phony witch hunt”

3 Likes

A third of the country is a lot of people. And the last poll I looked at said around 40%. Most people don’t support him but far, far too many people still do.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.