"Protestor" sucker punched at Trump rally—then tackled by cops

Thanks. I wonder what the WaPo will do after that “political reporter with the Washington Post” files his story.

I’m struck by the comment by the woman at the end – “What’s he doing, putting his hands on me, a little white girl?” Hmmmm.

1 Like

ooooonly a matter of time until someone is killed at a Trump rally… before or after November? That is the question.

Cuz after November if Herr Drumpf wins, the brakes are coming off entirely. At least I have Canada! I lucked out and married a lovely Canadian girl. You should all be so lucky!

I’d love a thread where we imagine exactly how out there an actual Trump presidency could get. Nuclear war, climate disaster, a devastating plague of stupidity… oh wait…

And as wiser minds than mine have pointed out, it isn’t just the racism, these folks have been sold down the river by conventional politics (right and left) they are pissed about trade and wall street and jobs jobs jobs.

1 Like

“Hello, I’m calling in regard to the article in the Washington Post which includes a video showing what appear to be police officers with the sheriff’s office failing to protect someone in their custody. According to the article, “an official from the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office, reached by The Post early Wednesday, said officers from that jurisdiction were not
the ones who detained the man”. Can you tell me if the statement from your office is an official statement and if it’s true? If it is true, what is your office doing to investigate this incident of mass police impersonation which led to multiple physical assaults in your jurisdiction? If it’s not true, and those were your officers, what are you doing to punish your officers for failing to protect someone in your custody, and how is the investigation into the assault going?”

http://www.ccsonc.org/

15 Likes

It may be funny now, and I am glad the tomato guy got away with a minor punishment (a good investment?) but encouraging throwing stuff at Herr Drumpf is really going to hasten the day that someone is killed at one of these rallies.

I wonder if the cops actually detained the guy who assaulted the protestor? Seemed like they were more interested in arresting that fellow for walking while black (another infraction: assaulted elderly white gentleman’s fist with his face, the scoundrel!). On the bright side, no shots were fired.

1 Like

Drumpf subsequently encouraged his supporters to assault anyone who looked like they might about about to throw tomatoes at him, though, so… It’s getting more and more dangerous to be a dissenter at a Drumpf rally.

2 Likes

Is it telling that the address on the CCSO website is on Dick Street?

6 Likes

I see constable Savage is doing well after moving to the USA

3 Likes

See also this

Lewandowski’s explanation to Boyle, said these sources, was that he and Fields had never met before and that he didn’t recognize her as a Breitbart reporter, instead mistaking her for an adversarial member of the mainstream media

4 Likes

Don’t fret - they’re just making America great again.

4 Likes

I still haven’t heard how they define great. It seems like their definition of great must include at least the era of Jim Crow laws if not slavery.

4 Likes

White nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

8 Likes

I thought the term was ‘clownshirts’

edit: hat tip to @AcerPlatanoides and @smulder

13 Likes

Hey Rob!, This story didn’t happen in Kentucky - that was 12 days ago and it involved a Marine and a young black woman. (Misogyny and racism, double drumpf score!)
I’m having a hard time keeping track too…
Signed, not-so-proud Kentuckian

1 Like

Right – North Carolina, I think.

1 Like

The Democratic party is doing its best to promote a candidate that Trump can steamroll in the fall.

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s really any doubt that it’s untrue.

24 Likes

I do think Bernie would do better in debates than would Mrs Clinton. I’d love to see that actually, while Trump and Clinton sounds cringe inducing.

8 Likes

I love to see if Drumpf can bait Sanders in to going negative.

1 Like

Local station WRAL is reporting that the sucker puncher has been charged and is correctly identifying those who wrestled Rakeem Jones to the ground as being “law enforcement officials”

17 Likes

Oh, and low and behold. NC has a statute that says law-enforcement officers can’t work private security in uniform.

http://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_74c/gs_74c-21.html

13 Likes