"Protestor" sucker punched at Trump rally—then tackled by cops

I don’t think anyone here disagrees with you. But just because they’re not exactly the same doesn’t mean it’s an inappropriate comparison. I mean, when was the last time you heard someone comparing two other things and said, “Wait, I can think of a difference between those two things! Your comparison is therefore invalid!”

6 Likes

I agree with 50/50 at least, because the response seems better than responses had in the past when video contradicts police, and because I look at my feet when mounting steps in coliseums or stands of any sort.

I don’t get the vertigo too bad really, but the combination of the angle, the crowd noise and visual noise of a crowded area cause me to have to look at my feet or get totally off balance.

You’d think so, but I’d submit that while Trump belittling or bullying or being sexist at Clinton will turn off lots of other voters, the way that actually works is that how she reacts to it will often decide whether they do anything about it or allow it to change their vote.

3 Likes

Be the uncle she turns to and has real conversations with. The one she knows has her back.

8 Likes

Hey UPDATE!!!

The 78 year old racist crank was arrested and charged with felony assault and misdemeanor disorderly conduct. Sheriff’s department is investigating the officers.

On the radio, said crank spouted off about how they were probably terrorists and might have to be killed next time. Seems like that might tend toward the felonious as well.

6 Likes

This pattern of Tzump pushing the envelope of hate speech without repercussions is not a coincidence.

This pattern of Tzump pushing the envelope of hate speech without repercussions is not a coincidence.

6 Likes

that’s all @smulder, at least where I stole it from.

1 Like

Look. About this…

He doesn’t know anything about it. He asked them to raise their right hand and swear. Loyalty or some shit. Like the Republican party made him do.

And a bunch of twitchy fuckers in the back row were all…

But he’s looking into it. He has his best people on it. And they say its nothing to worry about! This happens all the time at these kinds of rallies. No cause for alarm…

Stop worrying. Everything’s gonna be great. Just great.

5 Likes

Making America great again, indeed.

1 Like

So… Sharknado 3 predicted the next presidential term?

(Oh, god George RR Martin gets eaten by a shark in that!!!)

2 Likes

Google says somebody at the mirror-universe BBS came up with it last October:

2 Likes

The reactions from commenters on Breitbart’s own site towards a reporter who works for Trump’s fucking fanzine (Breitbart) is fucking amazing.

They turned on her. Slut shamed her. Made every excuse in the book. And no one called them on it.

That to me is more telling about Trump’s supporters than anything else.

3 Likes

He offers a veneer of legitimacy to some odious mobs. I don’t think he is getting much of the youth vote, though.

He does actually. His support splits through demographic lines with a bunch of wedge issues for Republicans. Young voters like him.

But the millenials just AREN’T the same thuggy shits my generation was.

Juvenile crime has dropped across the board. For years in a row.

The Kids are OK.

Its the parents that are fucked up (always).

1 Like

Isn’t Trump more orange than white? :wink:

[i’ll get my coat] :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just watched the Maddow/Clinton interview about the assault. Not a single mention of the racial aspect.

A black man, in police custody, elbowed in the face in an unprovoked assault, hard enough for a knockdown. Black man remains in police custody, white man not arrested, not detained, not cautioned, not even fucking questioned. The later arrest after media pressure does not erase this.

Would a white protester have been treated the same?

A) I doubt it.

B) All of the protesters attacked at Trump rallies have been black. This is not a coincidence.

8 Likes

Good point.

So. . . Classic, Cherry, or Diet Coke?

1 Like

I reject your mendaciously limited array of choices! (And thereby leave my guts intact.)

2 Likes

Of course not. That’s why we gave them an option. Admit it was a lie, or explain what they were doing about the mass impersonation.