Provoked by Trump's cruel budget, Colbert brings back The Word

“Trump’s a real estate developer. It was only a matter of time before he put up condos on Sesame Street.”

Already happened. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FeyDm4vrFo

3 Likes

Add a side of lutefisk, Hákarl, and Stilton, and we could probably blow up a hemisphere.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Don’t mind lutefisk, and rather like Stilton. Never tried Hákarl, however.

If you really want to blow up the world, feed everyone Laura Secord creme eggs smothered with maple surple. (Actually, that might be more like “tearing down the world” when everyone goes into a sugar-fueled berserk before succumbing to diabetic coma.)

5 Likes

Cadbury Deviled Eggs. All the deliciousness of Cadbury milk chocolate, with mayonnaise and mustard inside.

8 Likes

Fermented rotting flesh of a 500-year-old shark. Tasty.

1 Like

4 Likes

Batter and deep-fry them, we could be onto a thing there.

9 Likes

I’ve heard of stranger things, though I gather they dry it after fermenting it. Still, Greenland sharks are strange beasties, and quite poisonous. Makes me wonder how many people died before they figured out how to detoxify the flesh…

If that were a real thing (and not a recipe that looks like devilled eggs), I wouldn’t recommend it for implementing your more nihilist impulses - wouldn’t be enough sugar. :wink:

2 Likes

Cadburys Extra Special Caviar. Rich, dark chocolate, with a creamy fish sauce and squid ink reduction. When you think Cadbury, think squid.

8 Likes

repeatedly hits flag button

14 Likes

Cadburys new Swedish Gummy Fish. The gum is made from the finest ambergris, delicately mixed with organic swedish mackerel.

Available at your finest markets.

6 Likes

Of course you realise these have been a delicacy in Scotland, along with deep fried ice cream and Mars Bars, for a wee while noo:

10 Likes

Yes, Craig Ferguson the current PM of Scotland told me all about them.

5 Likes

Was it you that told me about this?

5 Likes

Hundred-year Cadbury eggs, buried in a mixture of clay, ash, salt, quicklime, and rice hulls for several months. May be served with rice porridge as hundred-year Cadbury egg and pork kidney congee, or simply sliced and topped with maple syrup.

6 Likes

I’ll settle for pork liver and kidney congee - no creme eggs, no surple.

3 Likes

No True Canadian…

2 Likes

It is truly impossible to describe how funny this is.

That in mind I am gonna make a maple infused Cadbury egg-and-tuna melt sandwich for dinner.

2 Likes

Sure am. I like my pâté chinois with pickled beets.

3 Likes