Provoked by Trump's cruel budget, Colbert brings back The Word

Cadbury Beets. Luscious milk chocolate, filled with slightly bitter juice grown in an organic farm by a 78 year old Bolshevik.

When you think Cadbury, think bitterness.

3 Likes

In my youth, if luscious milk chocolate was your thing, Laura Secord eggs were the real deal, not Cadbury. The filling, however… So. Much. Sugar.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Actually, if the country slides completely into the toilet due to this budget, the retort will be:
We didn’t go far enough! If only we could have eliminated 60% more government we wouldn’t be in this mess. But in trying to meet the Democrats half way we just couldn’t cut your taxes enough…

3 Likes

Downside: Trump gets all the trash he wants.

Might I suggest to ask Mssrs Lindt and Sprüngli if they would be able to retaliate? I don’t think that Cadbury is going to live up to their standard of filling. They simply don’t have the conche to do it.

2 Likes

Holy derailed thread. Take your 100 year eggs over to the Things I Trust More Than Trump thread.

Sheesh.

6 Likes

You are now my friend.

I’ve never seen the movie The Purge, but it is now my headcanon that this is how the first Purge started.

2 Likes

I dunno, I have a hard time not laughing when a thread goes completely, utterly sideways due to silliness.

I also acknowledge I am generally the instigator for such silliness.

7 Likes

It wasn’t you this time, but you sure upped the ante.

2 Likes

I’ll try harder next time. (Peanut gallery, “please don’t!!”)

3 Likes

I claim provocation. This time.

5 Likes

Laura Secord let her conche be her guide. Her country.owes her so much.

edit: It occurs to me that my reply sounds really crude. It isn’t, honest.

3 Likes

I don’t have them on me at the moment, but I drafted plans for a conching machine a couple years back. I have all the parts to build it, it’s just… Yuuge

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing.

1 Like

What the hell I can’t even…

shakes head and walks away

5 Likes

3 Likes

No, you’re saying American south wrong.

4 Likes

Forget it, Jake. It’s BoingBoingtown.

3 Likes