Psychopaths are more immune to "contagious" yawns

[Read the post]

1 Like

I think youā€™ve got an unclosed FONT SIZE tag thatā€™s affecting other articles down the page.

3 Likes

I may not be a psychopath and thatā€™s comforting.

3 Likes

Guess Iā€™m not a sociopath, either, the picture of the yawning monkey made me yawn. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Iā€™m watching you.

9 Likes

7 Likes

13 Likes

Me too! And then reading the word ā€œyawnā€ over and over made me yawn again. What the heck?

5 Likes

Will you people please quit using that word?

I need some coffee.

9 Likes

Idris Elba used that trick to ID a suspect as a sociopath in the first episode of Luther.

7 Likes

Such a great showā€¦ Letā€™s make Elba the next Bond! Or just put him in all the thingsā€¦ Teen movie - starring Idris Elba. Rom-Com - starring Idris Elba. Sci-fi-action flick - starring Idris Elba. High Fantasy film - starring Idris Elba. The next Disney Princess movie - starring Idris Elba. All the things!!!

4 Likes

Iggyā€™s got you covered!

4 Likes

Sounds like a questionable finding ripe for abuse & misuse among teachers, administrators, school counselors, cops, chutes, ladders, moggies, doggies, lollies, rat-kings & any other bully who fancies to be in a position of authority with axes to grind and money or status to be gained.

1 Like

Wow. Thatā€™s too familiar.

Iā€™m glad I grew up into a big burly guy who can kick peoplesā€™ asses for that kind of shit.

2 Likes

There are worse words than yawn.

Heh, Heh, I hear youā€¦ Iā€™m not burley and not short - not tall ā€˜5ā€™'7 - but Iā€™m good at TKOB . Something about your verbiage indicates that maybe you were smaller and bullied until you had your adolescent blossoming?

Just curios

Off-topic - why do they have a CGI dramatisation to report on video footage??

3 Likes

Perhaps enthusiastic overuse of inadequately validated psychometric instruments is, itself, a potential inadequately validated psychometric instrument just waiting for enthusiastic use?

1 Like

The trouble is that most of the worldā€™s more competent bullies exhibit sophisticated environmental adaptation(what I believe we used to call ā€˜the low cunning of the criminal typeā€™ back in the good old days of phrenology); and are expert users of both violence against the weak and rules against violence against the strong. Even better, some responsible adultsā„¢, about whom I am in no way bitter, are so ignorant of how power dynamics work that they treat the attacker and the attackee as both being equally guilty of ā€˜fightingā€™, without regard for the cause or direction of violence flow in an encounter.

4 Likes

Ahhhā€¦ Okay. Iā€™m not sure what that has to do with my virtual coffee pouring thereā€¦ Maybe youā€™re replying to the original post, not me specifically?

I think sure it can be mis-used. However, the way things tend to work is that the kids on the top of the social heap almost always get a pass for bad behavior, pyschopaths or not. If they are popular, their parents are rich, and they are great at sports, itā€™s almost entirely likely the people they bully (if they bully them) will be blamed for anything bad.

Also, what was with the low budget animate at the end of the clip thereā€¦ weird.

1 Like