Public Enemy releases new anti-Trump protest video

The real reason; to ‘soften the edges’ of a “scary” militant pro-Black rap group, so that they would be more marketable.

4 Likes

It’s got a weak beat and you can’t dance to it. I give it a 40.
Needs more cowbell.

Dammit, Ringo gets no respect. Even Keith Moon called him a great drummer. He knows exactly how to be the backbone of a song without taking it over, which is a pretty neat trick. Also, I might have to rethink my absolute hatred for rap/hip-hop. When I was 26 or so, lo these many, many years ago, I said I would know when I was old when they invented a music style that I just hated. And suddenly, I was old.

2 Likes

That’s a line I would have died to hear on American Bandstand.

1 Like

My wife says Ringo was the guy who could make Paul and John get along - considering the egos that were involved that’s no small achievement.

Also, Flava Flav was on a Southwest flight with me. Several rows up, got on last, had the huge clock necklace. Brush with something if not greatness.

1 Like

I find it interesting then that Ringo was actually the first one to quit The Beatles. Paul talked him back in but then George quit and game over. The look on George’s face in Let It Be, the movie, when Paul is trying to tell him how to do something is not only priceless but probably the reason why it is rather hard to find this film.

That was British comedian Jasper Carrott, not John Lennon.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.