Pulled over for running a stop sign results in multiple police-ordered anal probes

I have to think there is something else to this story that we’re not being told here, because it’s so ridiculously one sided that it’s straining my credulity.

1 Like

Hmmm, your credulity is looking a bit clenched there…

25 Likes

David Suchet, the actor who has portrayed Poirot on TV these last 25 years, had better not walk round there while in character. He has been in all the papers explaining how he started finding the characterisation by clenching a coin between his buttocks to get Poirot’s mincing walk (and now he doesn’t need the coin).

2 Likes

My poor little mind also searches for some kind of sense in this horror story. Other than the police actually being evil, I have to construct some kind of back story. The only thing I can come up with however is the following scenario:

• Eckert already has multiple drug convictions, as a mule, and his MO is anal carry.
  • Police had way better than probable cause to believe he had just made a pickup

Every other way I spin this in my mind, it just comes off as the cops are evil and the doctors unethical.

6 Likes

A NSA issued tracking plug – I wondered how they know that you are registered with TSA Pre✓™
I was quite surprised that a govt agency offered such a device in multiple fashion colors… (perhaps the colors are related to the current threat level?)

2 Likes

Now we know where doctors go when they’re done at Guantanamo. Wow, just wow.

5 Likes

Good luck with the lawsuit, but seeing how this gang of anal rapists is connected with the police, district attorneys office, and medical professionals, I doubt they will even get a trial. Maybe it’s time to issue a travel warning for south-western New Mexico.

4 Likes

Reading through the lawsuit, he was stopped before where he asked a police officer if he was being detained. The police officer felt that question was rude and then proceeded to seize the car, have a canine alert to drugs, get a warrant for its search, and find nothing. The lawsuit says that they put a notice in his file about the positive reaction from the drug dog. They probably used this as an excuse to start searching him for drugs the next time they stopped him, believing that he was a drug carrier. I’m curious what exactly the note in his file said.

15 Likes

I’m struggling to express my anger with this scenario… in a way that won’t get me on a watch list or something.

9 Likes

Did they find the weapons of mass destruction?

Even under that story, the continuing searches after each thorough search came up negative just comes up unethical and evil. The original “justification” was clenched legs… there’s no way he could have hidden drugs from all of that and still needed to clench.

10 Likes

They sedated him and gave him a colonoscopy? e.g. they pumped him full of narcotics in order to search for … narcotics? Oh, America :two_hearts:

28 Likes

Agreed.

It was as if they thought they already knew what they were going to find, and no evidence to the contrary would be acceptable.

After the colonoscopy came up negative, I wonder if exploratory surgery was considered.

1 Like

Oh, but at least they got a warrant first! Just think - if this US Freedom bill gets passed, even the NSA will need a warrant to actually crawl up your backside.*

Texas and several other states, however, will still be free to enter your hoo-hoo without seeking warrants. All they need is a positive pregnancy test.

• (Metadata about your colon will still be collected without a warrant).
4 Likes

Fascist alert: Mussolini started with castor oil, here it’s enemas and forced colonoscopy.

1 Like

Net result: Hidalgo county traffic cops are now to be routinely issued with condoms filled with heroin and tied off with dental floss on each traffic stop, to drop into the stool samples of suspects, thus avoiding the embarrassment being proved wrong.

6 Likes

I don’t recall… What is the ruling on using infrared/etc imaging to collect information? Warrant required or not?

Doubt it. Once you enter public airspace, any expectation of privacy is gone. And about 2 feet earlier, according to a certain judge in NM.

1 Like

This is, afterall, the US SouthWest, which as we all know is home to all the UFOs and Greys and underground lizard people and whatnot, so the Authorities’ proclivities for anal probes is quite understandable, just following their Masters’ precedent as it were. Just think of it as Area 51 Leakage.

2 Likes

I wonder if the color of his skin played a part in the authorities’ motivation.

5 Likes