Punched Nazi Richard Spencer ejected from Conservative conference

Of course I suspect that one of the ways that Trump will turn out to resemble Hitler, is that like most authoritarians, once they’re in power, they have no interest or loyalty to those who put them in power. Their only loyalty is to those who can KEEP them in power. So there will be consolidation and many people on the Trump bandwagon can expect to be “de-emphasized” as part of that process. Although I don’t expect that to be as violent as the “Night of Long Knives” when the SA was purged.

2 Likes

What did Marx say? First as tragedy, then as farce?

So far, the GOP circled the wagons and declared their unwavering support for Trump. Perhaps we can see people like MY and Spencer getting kicked out of CPAC as something of a purge. Then again, Bannon is still hanging around.

5 Likes

Maybe nobody told him “The landscape is changing”

To be fair, at least the DRC gets 1/3 right; it’s definitely in the Congo.

3 Likes

I wonder what his opinions on “people are people” are like.

Yeah that was confusing. Why would he try to associate DM with his cause? I could see trying to coöpt Laibach or Ministry or something, maybe even Queen, but he might as well have picked the Communards or Gang Of Four for all the sense it made to try to link Depeche Mode.

Next up, Billy Bragg!

3 Likes

If you check out the comments under “Where’s the Revolution?”, there’s a bunch of people bemoaning them “Getting all political”.

I don’t know. Kids these days!

1 Like

I’ve seen people complaining about Manic Street Preachers getting political.

I don’t think they have recorded much that isn’t political.

3 Likes

He could try - still wouldn’t work in his favor, though. None of those band are remotely sympathetic to his worldview (as far as I know) Laibach would be cagey and use it as a jumping off point for an art project which tried to explore the intersections of popular music and the media, etc. I don’t think Ministry would take too kindly to being coopted by Spencer at all, either. And of course, Freddie Mercury was Persian and gay.

The truth is that the far right just has no good music of their own, so they have to try and coopt better kinds of underground music. The hatecore/white power bands all just suck entirely, from Skrewdriver to Prussian Blue.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.