Puppy shoots Florida man

I, for one, welcome our new puppy overlords.

Trigger pull on a common .38 is nine pounds. Hard to think of a puppy applying that much force with a paw on a trigger. I think the jackass shot himself and framed the puppy. Luckily he lives in Florida so the puppy won’t be charged.

4 Likes

Yeah, they’ve got “stand your hound” laws there.

20 Likes

isn’t this even in the US constitution? the right to arm bears and other animals?

7 Likes

When gun owners are dogged, only dogs will gun owners.

2 Likes

Bradford has a whole new respect for canines.

1 Like

Guns don’t kill people, puppies do. The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a puppy. (etc.)

It’s interesting how things change (for the better), because 60 or more years ago, this wouldn’t have been an outrageous act. It might have been considered a waste of bullets at worst, or even a kindness. A standard way of dealing with unwanted puppies/kittens was to stick them in a sack and drown them.

It’s really interesting how stories get propagated on the internet - someone notices an old story and talks about it, other people notice them talking about it and the story spreads and becomes news again. Some stories seem to do this in cycles every few years. Sites like Boingboing can (and do) end up mentioning the same story multiple times over the years, having forgotten early instances of mentioning it. It could easily be the case that there’s already been several points where this story made the rounds before now. I notice on sites like BBC news, where they show the most-read stories, older items will frequently make resurgences, presumably because they’re being mentioned on other sites at that moment. It’d be interesting to track that, to see how often particular stories “go viral” over and over again.

4 Likes

6 Likes

But wait… Oh I forgot there isn’t anything worth saving in FLA!

The Dali Museum? All the Cuban restaurants in Miami? Golden Girls and their Lanai?

7 Likes

Can it just be an island out in the Atlantic?

1 Like

All three of those, together? Sure, why not. We should probably add Hemingway’s house to that list too. Isn’t it in the Keys?

4 Likes

One of them is, yeah. Key West. It’s nice, too. Worth a visit. Full of cats.

5 Likes

Star Wars weekend at Disney World?

1 Like

I can only like this once, apparently. Please understand I like it a lot.

1 Like

Let’s face it: Florida Man has had this coming, for quite some time…

2 Likes

Florida’s “bark your ground laws”?

1 Like

I didn’t. I’m just not a very cruel person so I don’t really mind that he survived.

Full of polydactal kitties! Apparently Hemingway’s cat had six toes and like Hemingway, he had a way with the ladies.

We rented the house next door once. We had quite a few furry six-toed neighbors visit. I suspect the four of us were more mellow than the tourists at his house.

4 Likes

The wonderful thing is that there are no bad puppies with guns.

2 Likes