Pus*y-flavored kettle chips

As Lithuanians, they probably just used a translation tool and didn’t consider how Rapsų aliejuscould have negative associations.

I personally am not tempted, by the way. Expensive gimmicks have a strong habit of being expensive and still underwhelming.

2 Likes

yeah, i’ve come to understand that by now.
i am more in agreement with what @Melizmatic has said above - crass commercialization is what makes this entire marketing gimmick distasteful.
the crisps themselves (again, by reading the ingredients/ seasonings listed) could not be of good taste. let alone what is claimed on the label

5 Likes

I fully agree about the commercialization. It also brings to mind an “Emperor’s New Clothes” situation, as complaining that it doesn’t taste like that will invite uncomfortable questions and sniggering on how the critic knows this.

I suspect they were trying for some other flavour at first, and one of the testers made a crude joke about how it tasted. That joke became a joke about selling it as being flavoured as the crude thing, and marketing decided it was worth the risk, novelty as a way to make a quick euro.

No, it was deliberate. First they released an ad for these as an April Fools joke, but then they say they got a lot of interest from potential buyers, so they made the actual product a few months later.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.