Putin and Fox News' Bill O'Reilly trade diss tracks as Trump pushes Kremlin line on Ukraine

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/06/putin-and-fox-news-bill-or.html

1 Like

The incredible thing is that Trump took the accusation against Putin as an opportunity to tarnish his own country’s honor. “Oh, you think we’re any better? We engage in horrible politically motivated murder too!”

15 Likes

Do you think it was a repudiation of American Exceptionalism, or a reflexive defence of Russia?

9 Likes

O’Reilly’s safe. Putin only kills journalists.

32 Likes

Looking at those two options, one involves self reflection and critical examination, the other is just falling in with a business partner.

I’m going with falling in with a business partner, and I’m feeling pretty confident. Lock in answer B, Eddy.

13 Likes

This whole shitshow is like a story woven from the distilled strands of Chomsky’s writings.

We’re gonna need a bigger Constitution.

8 Likes

So Bill O’Reilly is today’s stopped clock? Fuck me sideways. You can’t explain that.

18 Likes

How dare they insinuate Trump is toeing the Kremlin line? Clearly, he sat down with the top intelligence experts and analyzed the data. Then he came to his own conclusion. Yeah, can you imagine that?

I’ve come to the conclusion that there’s no longer a need for him to release his tax returns – the official roster of Russia’s banking association will do just as well.

2 Likes

Tide goes in, tide goes out.

1 Like

“We don’t know, are they uncontrollable? Are they uncontrolled? That happens also. We’re going to find out; I would be surprised, but we’ll see.”

Isn’t it bracing to hear an insightful expert weigh in on a topic of such historical moment?

I love that, I would be surprised, as if we’re supposed to believe Trump knows the first goddamn thing about Ukraine, Russia, war, strategy, geopolitics, history, diplomacy…

I could go on.

2 Likes

Fux News hits the bigtime, wow weee!

1 Like

Bill Kristol has been lighting up Trump on Twitter lately too. I don’t even know WTF is going on anymore.

It’s the mantra of disillusioned supporters of extremists everywhere.

We believed in what he was saying before he was in power, but now he’s going too far!

1 Like

“I’m working on that apology but it may take a little time,” he said on Fox News late on Monday. “You might want to check in with me around … 2023.”

This is one of those few times when O’Reilly’s dickishness is actually kind of a good thing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.