QAnon Shaman sentenced to 41 months in prison

And yet the real estate broker received 2 months. Nothing like Merican justice.

2 Likes

He has the ‘coded’ 88 on a shoulder and then lots of annoyingly converted imagery on his chest.

From Rolling Stone: He has a mjolnir , or Thor’s Hammer, on his stomach, an image of Yggdrasil, or Tree of Life, etched around his nipple, and most significantly, placed right above his heart, a valknut , or “knot of the slain,” an old Norse runic symbol turned recognized hate symbol that is popular among white supremacists. In addition, the mjolnir has become a symbol of identity among modern heathens, and is particularly popular among those aligned with the explicitly white supremacist neo-Völkisch” or “folkish” movement.

11 Likes

So, he’ll feel right at home then.

4 Likes

Sucks how White Supremacists have to ruin everything.

Probably the smartest casting choice Marvel Studios ever made was to make Thor’s best friend a Black guy just to piss off the bigots.

(ETA: well, that and because Idris Elba is one of the great actors of our time)

11 Likes

You might think you are a Man of Honor, but you aren’t the one that gets to decide.

mmmm…hmmmm…

Sure enough. So?

I think ‘participating in a violent insurrection’ says otherwise…

And there’s the self-denial.
You still can’t ‘admit it to yourself’, can you.
By your own definition, you aren’t a Man of Honor, are you.

The second part is certainly true. The first part may be true.
You may well be ‘Mostly Harmless’…

First you have to revisit your definition of a Man of Honor…

2 Likes

This is fine, he deserves it. What i want to see is really hard time for the ones who were violent and get convicted. There were some bad, bad people out there and they should get the long sentences they richly deserve.

2 Likes

Not Fascism

“What, we’re the BAD guys?”

6 Likes
4 Likes

The RS article doesn’t mention an 88. Do you have a source for that?

Yeah, but they’re white, so… /s

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

2 Likes

Hey now, don’t ruin that phrase for me. :smiley:

3 Likes

This talks about the obvious ones: the Yggdrasil, Mjolnir and Valknut. There was a rumour earlier on that there was a Sonnenrad on his left shoulder, but that was based on early photos where his cosplay was in the way.

With a better photo:

It doesn’t look like there is a Sonnenrad there. There is a greek key, which might be a reference to the Greek Neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party

Or it might just be pretty. We can’t be sure he’s educated enough to know who they are.

I suspect the “coded 88” is a reference to the ring of blobby blobs around the meandros, which might be subtle "8"s repeated, or might just be blobby blobs.

2 Likes

Given his actions and his manifest, I think he’s well-aware of what this stuff means to certain people.

3 Likes

Personally, I think that some of it he is too ignorant to have meant it when it was done, even if he would be quite chuffed to find out afterwards. Mainly because it’s relatively subtle, as these things go.

Which is to say: I’m not saying he didn’t mean it as we understand it, just that we can’t know that he did. But I also have no doubt that the Nazis around him interpreted it all that way.

His use of the Valknut is enough to convict him of the use of far-Right Volkish icongraphy. There’s no reason to make stuff up or overinterpret things to extra-prove it double hard. He is, at best, Nazi-adjacent, and can go rot.

1 Like

Why does everyone think that being a fascist takes an 180 IQ? It doesn’t. These are not deeply complicated codes. They are very shallow and easy to figure out. Being a right wing white supremacist doesn’t take smarts. It just takes believing in the superiority of white skin. That’s it. I really don’t know why everyone thinks it takes some high level of intelligence to understand this stuff… It’s really not that deep or difficult. :woman_shrugging:

But I guess if it makes people feel better to imagine that a real fascist take over would require a wave of actual geniuses to pull off and so we shouldn’t get too concerned… then we’re fucked, because it really doesn’t take any of that. It takes some coordination, propaganda channels that will get your message out, a message that can resonate, and some willingness to use violence!

3 Likes

Please don’t get me wrong: I’m not saying he isn’t a fascist. Nowhere did I say that, nor do I mean it. If I did imply that then I apologise because I wasn’t clear enough.

I do think he’s a fascist, and I also think he’s not smart enough to know what half the stuff he’s tattooed on himself actually mean. I think that calling the blobby blobs around his shoulder a subtle “88” reference is giving him too much credit for intelligence and subtlety. That doesn’t mean I don’t think he would do such a thing, I think he wasn’t creative enough to think of doing it in that way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.