QAnon Shaman's attorney says Capitol rioters are "people with brain damage"

Really? You are going to go with this as a defensive strategy? Surely you have to know that the jury of one’s peers, no matter how much you try to reject as many of them in the selection process, will not buy into it no matter how much you try to make a very compelling argument for mental illness as being the reason they all just showed up for a smash and grab. So, by dint of your own diagnosis of their brain damage, this is all you’ve got? You’re saying that all these alleged brain damaged people just showed up. After traveling from all over the country, able to navigate through the usual obstacles of January weather, having enough resources to feed themselves and find shelter, gather weaponry and expedient objects to smash their way into the Capitol?
…I have a red shop rag in my back pocket. I’m taking it out of my pocket… I’m now throwing it onto the field of play… it’s a bullshit flag.
… I’M NOW CALLING IT FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS… BULLSHIT, bullshit not worth of using for manure, but good enough for a legal defense?
The insurrectionists deserve jail time, heavy fines, lengthy terms of community service but they also are entitled to competent defense. The American People demand fair trials, so more fair trials can come about for the TrumpenNazis leaders, the ones that stoked the fires of seditious behavior and inspired a real insurrection, (especially Individual ONE) against the United States of America… not a bunch of kangaroo court appeals after charlatan lawyers like you screw it up.

1 Like

Also, the process to get the attorney disbarred is a long and onerous one. Faster just to publicize that this guy is a giant anus and get the court of Popular opinion tank their business.

I think the lawyer is shooting for the “my client did not have competent legal representation” defense.

2 Likes

As someone once observed: “If you start a sentence with ‘I’m not racist, but…’ the next thing out of your mouth is probably going to be pretty racist.”

2 Likes

Yeah, my son has Asperger’s and is a high school honors student. He also had an anxiety induced meltdown on Jan 6th because he thought Civil War 2 was starting. Asperger’s is not a mental illness, does not mean you’re slow, and it’s not an excuse for criminal violence. Fuck those insurrectionists and their asshole lawyers

13 Likes

7 Likes

12 Likes

Here’s a good watch my daughter put me onto: Villain Therapy discuss ‘The Joker’ film… https://youtu.be/EFZA8v5WCzU

The Joker was a great film the showed how someone without friends might seek and get acceptance to a ‘tribe’ and peer approval through violent acts.

This video is a really good analysis of the film, bipolar disorder, and brain damage. Right at the beginning they make a clear distinction between mental health and violence. They say that 95% of violent acts are done by sane people, and people with mental abnormality are ten times more likely to be the victims of violence. I doubt you can put these two statistics together and claim a 200:1 ratio against the mental abnormal, but both facts separately fly in the face of that attorney’s ‘brain damage’ claim.

Yes, I am using a fictional film about a Batman villain to explain what reality is like for these people. Odd world.

1 Like

So it’s really a movie about skinheads? :thinking: :face_with_monocle:

“In my qualified medical opinion, he’s an asshole.”

8 Likes

That line’s a keeper. Succinct and accurate, and doesn’t violate TOS.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.