QAnon Shaman's mom has a pretty fantastical view of her son's actions

Why stop at doors?

excited oh yeah GIF

12 Likes

Her interview seems like it’s one of those skits on “whose line is it anyway” scenes from a hat. She has the scene - her son is in jail and he was involved in something something treason - and now she’s trying to fill out an interview.

9 Likes

the key to her entire response is in the last moment- that she believes the election was stolen. seen through that lens, no matter how delusional it may be compared to reality, her justification of her son’s actions is totally rational. if t**** or anyone else ever actually did, for real, steal an election, i’d like to think most of us would take similar direct action to stop it.

7 Likes

Who even cares if they were open? If you left your door open would it be ok for random strangers to come in? NO.

Deluded fools are deluded

7 Likes

page_001a

12 Likes

before we delve into the treasonous actions of your son, let’s first hear your defense of that jacket.

5 Likes

she’s been watching too much of this

9 Likes

Prior to January’s excitement, this guy was showing up in costume at climate action demonstration. When a man in his mid-20s shows up bare chested and trying to look manly at a protest organized by and dominated by girls in their mid-teens, one might assume that his motivations are not sullied by politics.

A mother who has to let that escape her notice, can let a whole lot more escape her notice.

6 Likes

Oh Dang!

4 Likes

Aren’t shaman supposed to be wizened leaders of a tribe? There’s a tribe that’s going nowhere fast. It is easy to see where the kid-dult got it all from.

3 Likes

This is one of Fred Armisen’s better roles.

15 Likes

…over the bent and broken bodies of Capitol police. Finish the damn sentence, Qamom.

9 Likes

She looks like she’s entered a right wing Michael Jackson lookalike contest.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Exactly this: of all the people in the universe, why would his mother be someone worth listening to? Why not bring grandma on for her 2¢ too!

8 Likes

The reply is:

“Oh, OK. So, if your home’s door is unlocked and/or busted down by a thief, you have no problem with me entering your house, rifling through your belongings, sitting at your study’s desk, smearing feces throughout the hallways, talking proud selfies all the while because, as you say, I’m ‘not doing anything wrong.’”

And, I love the way she introduces that the vote was won “fraudulently” at the very end, hesitantly, through a smile and gritted teeth. She knows she’s fraudulent.

But, forget the Jan 6th Insurrection: the real crime is this woman’s bedazzled denim jacket getup.

5 Likes

Remember, folks: Even if the door is open, it’s still polite to knock.

6 Likes

They should’ve made the “shaman dude” wear his costume and the body paint all the time in jail. He would probably get lots of attention from other inmates. But to be honest with a mom like this being locked in jail away from her is a vacation.
On another note if his organic food is being prepared by other inmates what do you suppose the percentage of spit in his food is…

3 Likes

The part that really sticks in my craw is that I’ve seen this defense many, many times in my long life in America: what this amounts to is the thin veneer wrapped around any act committed with white privilege. As long as you can drape the crime in the flimsiest crepe of rationalization, it will be enough to acquit (tried and true fratboy rape defense). I would love to be wrong on this one, but that excuse: “why, the doors were wide open!” was crafted by a PR firm specifically to clear a path to acquittal.

4 Likes

Still looking for the tribe who will take him.

6 Likes