QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

Yep! I’ve set all shows to record and I’ll rewatch them from time to time. Even Enterprise :wink:

2 Likes

Because it definitely isn’t!

3 Likes

As previously announced, DISCO series 5 is delayed till 2024

7 Likes

Honestly, I thought his acting was just fine. I didn’t like the writing he got, mainly. The whole “spoiled rich kid with weird superpowers” thing never resonated with me. I kinda liked the idea of a shadowy Starfleet eugenics program that everyone is rightfully ashamed of, though.

I agree on Dax. Terry Ferrell was goddam radiant in that part and replacing her like that was a terrible move by the show runners.

7 Likes

Just got caught up on Picard.

When Worf beams onto the ship:

Worf: “Permission to come aboard”

Me: “Worf!! Give him a big hug, guys! Thanks, Bev!”

3 Likes

I almost yelled spoilers at you, but I’m not sure that’s a spoiler?

3 Likes
5 Likes

Tawny Newsome has announced she’s on the writing team for the new show

3 Likes

Picard spoiler questions.

Is Jack Crusher a Borg hybrid?[/spoiler] Can He create a Human collective? [spoiler]The Titan is still Captain Shaw’s ship, so why do they keep let Picard make shitty decisions that can clearly put the ship and crew in danger? Seriously, pluging Lore to the ship systems, bringing Vadic on board and so on…

2 Likes
3 Likes

My thought was he’s been affected in some way by a shapeshifter (original recipe or modified like Vadic’s group). That would explain why he can he sense them, since that’s not a Borg ability. The telepathic abilities are weird, but he’s got a half-brother who’s a Traveler. Who knows what is up with that gene pool! All I know is that if they link what’s wrong with Jack to Beverly and her grandmother’s damned candle, I’m not watching any more.

Agreed about the chain of command, that’s all a bit much that nobody questions when they really should. Ok, now I’m imagining a mash-up with Crimson Tide, because differences of opinion can cause a lot of drama:

3 Likes

Sometimes I think the discipline and hierarchy are a little messed up in Federation Starships, specially in Discovery. This ship is a mess. They rely a lot on the crew members loyalty. I have no Idea how they keep the ship flying with that approach.

2 Likes

At least we know for sure Picard is his father, as evidenced by his genetically passed-down accent!

4 Likes

Let’s put it this way: it would subvert my expectations if Jack didn’t have something of Locutus in him . Which absolutely would be a good thing. There isn’t much to explain why the mutant changelings would want him - except that he has some Borg nanotech in him, and a good part of one of the few Borgs who left the collective. I mean, they could just want to kill him because he has some of the Picard’s DNA, and prevent whatever this DNA has to offer. But I doubt it very much. I think today, Ep. 7 is “airing”, right? So, going on a limb here: we’re not going to get told just yet, but we’ll see him play a role when the stolen Picard is going to be used at the festivities to destroy the Federation. Maybe, they are going to need him to somehow revive Locutus, somehow complement some broken down part of JLP/Locutus’ genome. The hints in the pre- and post-credits that there is some genetics involved are very visible. So, the old JLP might have the nanobots. The son might have the necessary DNA. Both fused will probably just cause Jack’s visions of a fungus-like changeling-Borg infection of all Federation personell and equipment to become reality.

4 Likes

I’m having a hard time believing that the changelings would want to tangle with the Borg, though. Turning their enemy into a worse enemy for themselves doesn’t make sense to me. It seems like Vadic’s crew is not aligned with those in the Great Link, either. Maybe they’ll show up to express an opinion or take sides at some point.

2 Likes

Or maybe they are bringing another fan service, a nostalgic obscure for like, maybe, Trelane (who was totally a baby Q) or Adonais’ people.

No Shake When The Ship Is Hit The Second Time GIF | Gfycat

2 Likes

Harry Potter in spaaaace.

2 Likes

I am… quite confused…

from

6 Likes

Multiverse of madness…

4 Likes

Also, I just watched the DS9 episode where Gul Dukat and Major Kira search for a lost Cardassian vessel that had what turned out to be Dukat’s daughter with a Bajoran woman on board… the ship had wrecked and a people called the Breen were using the survivors for forced labor… and look at what they Breen dress like!

I mean…

6 Likes