QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

Yay, spacemom!

10 Likes
6 Likes

Live-action Mariner and Boimler hiding out in the back here

5 Likes

I would love a reverse cross-over. Where the SNW cast is animated.
There’s still hope!

4 Likes

If this happens, I hope they’re done in the TAS style, like when we saw Kirk and Spock on Ransom’s PADD

2 Likes

Nice attention to detail. Now, combine that with a Flipper Zero.

4 Likes
9 Likes

It’s hard to read because Tumblr formatting, but the “The Federation is an interstellar organisation dedicated to trying to manage the Humans while they do all these mad science experiments” always makes me laugh:

4 Likes

I’m looking for advice. I just finished my rewatch of TNG last night (although, I’m fairly sure it was the first time I had seen a good chunk of episodes, like pretty much all of season 7 :grimacing:). My hope was to move on to Picard next. Should I catch up on anything else before moving on, though? I saw Generations in the theater and I’m pretty sure I don’t need to see it again. I think that I saw Nemesis, too, but I don’t remember much about it. I don’t know if any of the movies really tie in to Picard.

Also, I’ve only seen a handful of episodes of DS9 and Voyager. Do I need to watch those first? So much Star Trek!

6 Likes

Seven of Nine is in Picard and plays a big role in the show, but I don’t know if you need to see all of voyager to get that?

Some of the Short Trek episodes do play into the first season of Picard, if I’m remember rightly…

Also, you should definitely rewatch DS9… just cause…

6 Likes

First Contact and Nemesis both have plot points that are relevant to Picard. But in the case of Nemesis reading a synopsis may be preferable to enduring the movie.

as @Mindysan33 notes, Seven of Nine from Voyager is a major character in the show, so a few episodes of Voyager with her would be useful to establish her. She’s introduced in the Scorpion 2-parter. Her relationship with Icheb, from the Voyager episodes Collective, Child’s Play and Imperfection amongst others is important to series 1.

Being familiar with the Dominion War arc from DS9, the future timeline elements of Star Trek (2009), and the Voyager finale Endgame would be useful as well.

4 Likes

Welp, sorry mon capitaine, looks like it will be a little while before I move on to your show. Thank you @Mindysan33, thank you @lorcan_nagle! And thank you everyone for continuing to blur all those Picard spoilers! I really appreciate it.

6 Likes

Romulan Ale energy drink

9 Likes

SNW series 2 trailer

6 Likes

When did that post? I tried finding that last night, and it did not come up!

4 Likes

That’s a good thing before watching Picard. I really wish I could stop remembering it! :grimacing:

An STTNG episode called Birthright came to mind while reading this:

Here’s the scene after Worf teaches a young Klingon the true version of his childhood lullabies:

5 Likes

I just sat down to start this and didn’t see it on Paramount Plus. Looks like I will need to head over to Tubi.

Uh Oh Hiding GIF - UhOh Hiding Dog - Discover & Share GIFs

4 Likes

Are you outside the US? I think that it might still be on Netflix there… Also, I just bought the DVD set after they took it off netflix in the US…

4 Likes

B5 is not on Netflix in Australia.

I just checked.

4 Likes

No, I was trying to be funny about the old B5/DS9 controversy. It was not a good attempt.

2 Likes