QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

Season 2 GIF by Paramount+

7 Likes

as coined by Mariner om LWD, the backwards Vulcan salute is for this use.

8 Likes

I kind of like this better, actually, then them ending up on the moon…

But of course, that’s not why the fox news lady did it like that… she’s just an asshole who has probably never seen a single episode of any version of the show, and was just trying to get in a dig at Star Wars fans…

12 Likes
6 Likes

Shatner thinks Paramount+ is trying to erase his version of Kirk. That’s ridiculous considering they’re still showing his series (and the movies will come back after they do time in Max). The main reason his image wasn’t used on Star Trek was because Spock is such an iconic character and we had just all lost Nichelle Nichols. But, hey, this is tacit recognition that he’s a problematic guy, even if it is in the form of perceived victimhood.

5 Likes

:thinking:

3 Likes

i just dont know how i feel season 5 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

7 Likes

Me neither…

6 Likes

I like what Star Trek has been down tv enough that I kinda forgot about the recent movies

8 Likes

Shocking to hear that Shatner felt he wasn’t getting enough limelight.
/s

8 Likes

for strange new worlds, i think they’ve basically written pike as kirk. when they added kirk, things got seriously strange because both dudes couldn’t play the same person… so kirk definitely wasn’t kirk to me.

( not sure if that’s what shatner was going on about or not… i should really read the articles )

i guess it’s especially awkward since shatner wasn’t the pick for the pilot, and was only chosen for the series because the actor playing pike had other commitments ( or so i’ve heard )

4 Likes

… well, they had to, because Lorca from “Discovery” was basically Jeffrey Hunter’s Pike

Now they can reinterpret Kirk as Picard :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I mean… better than kirk…

Go Season 1 GIF by Paramount+

8 Likes

6 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking…

5 Likes

:thinking:

Spoilers for season 3 of Picard, BTW…

6 Likes

I can see that. In my household, though, we think that Pike is written a bit more paternalistically than Kirk. We call him, “Captain Dad.” There’s a warmth to him that I never found in TOS or Kelvin Kirks.

7 Likes

part of it, i think is, mount’s a way better actor. :blush:

aww. totally true. i think that’s partly down to the nature of the show. in last season, nearly every episode was character driven. relationships more than scifi events drive the series.

the tos seems always feels a bit wooden. and everyone’s relationship resets at the start of each new episode. we don’t get much of their interior lives until the movies

make it so. :wink:

7 Likes

7 Likes
1 Like