QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

Winona Ryder Movie GIF by filmeditor

We’ll see what this year brings!

7 Likes

… I’ve seen Gene L. Coon credited as the Original Series writer who was the most skeptical about institutions and Roddenberry’s utopia

4 Likes

Lookit youse guyz…

8 Likes

I saw the Bell Riots episode for the first time a week or two ago. I hope 2024 is better than that!

I just now finished season 3 of DS9. Congrats to Captain Sisko! I’m slowly inching my way towards watching Picard. Looking forward to not reading this thread like this
giphy-1126080737
Happy new year, all! :tada:

9 Likes

The Bell Riots! :astonished: Wait, how long before Voyager makes it back to Earth?

Issa Rae Reaction GIF

IMG_20231231_143933026_HDR

IMG_20231231_143805955_HDR

IMG_20231231_143912860_HDR

:grimacing:

9 Likes

I made a second one… I like this one better.

ds9-bell-riots-this-year-2

For me, is that it’s an inflection point in history. It was an awful civil disturbance, but it brought about real change in the US… it’s a step on the road to the Star Trek future…

But compared to other sci-fi set in the 20-teens or 2020s, they nail a whole bunch of our present reality. No flying cars or living on mars or replicants… Just a projection of the same social problems in the 90s into the near future… Whether or not a Bell riots happen, we can easily see them happening now.

Confused Thinking GIF

I love that… the voyager near earth… perfection!

10 Likes

I binged Lower Decks S4 over The Holidays and I found it pretty entertaining. The overarching plot feels irrelevant an a bit cheap, but the characters are becoming really good friends. I want to see them go on with their lives. That’s more character development in a Trek series after four seasons than for most others in their whole runtime, and these are basically set to be two-dimensional… Go, Lower Decks!

9 Likes

IMG_1628

6 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

Widespread civil unrest in France you say? Must be Tuesday!

4 Likes

8 Likes
4 Likes

[ETA]

I just started reading this book and I’m watching this right now:

he never smiles star trek GIF

5 Likes

credit: geeky steven

4 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes
6 Likes

I’m not sure Vulcans are selfish enough to tell themselves to “live long and prosper.” :thinking:

Fox News people are a bunch of posers.

MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow did it correctly.

live long and prosper rachel maddow GIF

7 Likes

Mirror universe Vulcan salute?

7 Likes