QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

10 Likes

I’m really enjoying “Strange New Worlds”. Is it just me or is this second season about grief, loss and processing those feelings? Does it have something to do with Captain Pike’s sad future? If so, intentional, it seemed much cooler to me than Discovery.

9 Likes

He finally found the droid he was looking for.

16 Likes

Snorri

12 Likes

Watched ST:SNW S02 EP10 - Hegemony

Gorn!

Aliens Movie Stapler GIF - Aliens Movie Stapler - Discover & Share GIFs

They were so flexible. In 10 years they will be very stiffy.

3 Likes

giphy-3533904857

8 Likes

Download

9 Likes

9 Likes

A small Alaska town wants a big bronze Riker

Riverside, Iowa, self-proclaimed hometown of Star Trek’s Captain James T. Kirk, has a erected a statue of their fictional hero, and Captain Kathryn Janeway has one in her future birthplace Bloomington, Indiana, as well.

Vulcan, Canada, hosts a monument to famous not-so-local-Vulcan Spock, and now, if a group of enterprising Star Trek fanatics have their way, Valdez, Alaska, will soon be home to another Trekkie landmark.

[…]

11 Likes

NOLA should also find a plinth for a Ben Sisko statue… or maybe San Fran to memorialize the bell riots this year…

ds9-sisko-not-picard

14 Likes

Trailer for the final season of Disco

7 Likes

14 Likes

Kenneth A Mitchell, who played Kol, Kol-sha, Tenavik and Aurellio in Star Trek Discovery died yesterday. He had ALS and had been using a wheelchair since 2019 - the role of Aurellio was conceived specifically to allow him to appear in DISCO series 3.

12 Likes

This is one of the best DS9 episodes and probably one of the best Trek episodes in fact…

11 Likes

My wife’s continuing mission to watch all of Star Trek in (mostly) release order has finally reached the TNG films. Last night we watched Insurrection, which I remembered to be quite a bad film when I saw it in the theater. Honestly, it’s not that bad at all. It’s not one of the better films, but it’s not that bad. It’s just a really long, occasionally horny, episode that could have used one more pass on the script before going into production. (The Son’a were in the wrong with regard to the revenge they were taking, but the Ba’ku were not in the right for exiling them like they did.)

I’m also finding it funny that Picard needs to shed layers of clothes the closer the films (at least First Contact and Insurrection) get to their climax.

6 Likes

Awesome… I’ve been wondering what it would be like to watch all of Star Trek in order of timeline, rather than of release order?

5 Likes

That reminds me, did anyone check the dates to see if Picard’s Season 2 visit to 2024 California had any overlap with Sisko’s?

5 Likes

I don’t know when season 2 is set (with regards to time of the year), but they’re in LA, not San Fran. But they do mention a sanctuary district at one point, too. Seems like if they were there during the Bell Riots, they’d have come up?

Also…

7 Likes

Yeah but it would have been funny if they noticed some unexpected communicator signals or something, or just saw them on the news.

As it was Picard’s crew already bumped into at least two other California residents who had previously crossed paths with Federation folk on time-travel escapades in San Francisco (Guinan and the punk rocker on the bus).

7 Likes

IIRC Picard was there for 2-3 days in February and Sisko and Bashir in August.

EDIT: I checked Memory Alpha and it was April and August:

10 Likes