QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

Still, think about how many visitors from the future a single Californian could have met during the course of a lifetime without ever leaving the state.

They could make up a Forrest-Gump type figure who crosses paths with Kirk’s crew, Janeway’s crew, Picard’s crew, Sisko & Bashir, Data’s head and even a couple encounters with O’Brien & Kira while they’re bouncing around time looking for Sisko. Maybe throw in some encounters other side characters who were on Earth at the time like Wesley and Guinan and Gary Seven and Khan. I’m sure I’m missing a few.

7 Likes

Watching in timeline order sounds like it would be a wild ride, especially when jumping from Strange New Worlds to TOS. (Or do you somehow weave in the Kelvin timline as well?) My wife didn’t want to go down that road because she wanted to start with a series that was completed and was also familiar to her. It’ll be interesting to see how she responds to Disco when she gets there because she’s been avoiding that series for being, at least initially, darker and more serious.

8 Likes

It’d definitey make for a fun story. I think there’s one like that in a Doctor Who anthology where the main character encounters all of the Doctors, including the Peter Cushing one.

6 Likes

sweartrek:
harsh but fair

9 Likes

Especially if you edited all the individual scenes from time travel episodes to put things in chronological order. So you would start with Voyager being present at the Big Bang and go from there…

timelines

8 Likes

there were 3 ties that I recall to Sisko and teams jump to 2024 in Picard.

1. some street signs pointing to the LA sanctuary district
  2. some graffiti lambasting the Governor
  3. Chris Brynner Jeremy Brenner (the tech mogul who ‘helped’ Jadzia) was in a newspaper headline that Q was reading.
7 Likes

Chris Brynner but yeah.

It says something about how our collective impression of tech moguls has changed over the years that he was portrayed as a sympathetic genius in the episode released in 1995 and a greedy anti-unionist in the episode released in 2022.

6 Likes

I think my brain swapped Chris Brynner and Jeremy Renner. :laughing:

Let’s not forget that Voyager gave us Henry Starling (Ed Begley Jr) a blue print if you will for Phony Stark if I’ve ever seen one.

5 Likes

I’d probably avoid the Kelvin timeline, but yeah… you’d be jumping around… like, you’d have to have the time travel episodes from various series woven in, for example, and that would be out of order for a particular series!

The easy way would just be to watch the series in order of when they are set in the timeline, but it would be kind of fun to watch Trouble with Tribbles and Trials and Tribbulations back to back!

5 Likes

Oh! Good eye!

4 Likes

I did find this of interest when it aired:

Perhaps what ever he was fighting against earlier in the year left him guilty and helped convince him to give the Sanctuary District net access?

7 Likes

Yeah, I think I got that confused and thought he stopped it… but yeah, that and a pretty lady told him to help, too!

tenor-9

How could anyone say no to her! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m gonna have to rewatch it when the date comes around later in the year. I’m doing a rewatch of DS9 with my daughter, but that week, we’re gonna go back and watch that instead!

10 Likes

I should do a fan edit and put those together.

(I did the same once with Babylon 5’s “Babylon Squared” and “War Without End” and i’m currently doing a series wide chronological edit of 12 Monkeys. I kinda have a thing for time travel I guess)

9 Likes

Do It GIF by Breaking Bad

7 Likes

We used to do a Trek watching group on a forum I mod, and we did a Tribble bill one month - Trouble with Tribbles, then More Tribbles, More Troubles from TAS and then Trials and Tribbilations.

8 Likes

what do we call it?

‘Troubles with Tribbulations’

‘Tribbles on Trial’

‘A funny thing happend on the way to K-7’

5 Likes

Any of those, but I guess I’d be kind of partial to “Troubles with Tribbulations” personally…

5 Likes

LANDRU HAS SPOKEN.

Troubles with Tribbulations it shall be

7 Likes

Well, post a link here when it’s done! I’ll need to see that shit!

6 Likes

Thank you, Commander Spock.

5 Likes