QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

A Lower Decks Movie would be awesome.

10 Likes

I’m with you. It’s apparently a Kelvin timeline thing.

They’re missing out on the opportunity to see current actors in their roles in current series. We all missed out on a DS9 or Voyager movie because of thinking like this.

10 Likes

Yeah, I’d love both (especially DS9!)… but the Kelvin timeline is kind of its own thing, and the least Trek-like property of all Trek properties… But how no one has gotten on doing something with DS9 outside of the comic books and the references in Lower Decks is beyond me…

8 Likes

They should recast him as Captain Archer in an Enterprise movie. :wink:

8 Likes
6 Likes

17 Likes

One more…

18 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes

IMO, Strange New Worlds had the best first season of a Trek show since the original series.

5 Likes

I think you may have forgotten some of the first season of the OG series! There are somereal stinkers in there with the gold! Of course, they were doing it for the first time ever and had more episode slots to fill!

I think the first season of Strange New Worlds was a pretty close to flawless recreation of what the original series feels like when you remember it, without devolving into nostalgia.

6 Likes

Season 1 has the majority of my favorite episodes.

There is a bit of repetition by season 2. Where you see the majority of the “Planet of the (insert historical era)” episodes.

Personal opinion. I do not want the discussion to devolve into a Star Trek War :grin:

6 Likes

Ditto on both!

6 Likes

I think the rule here is that we all like Star Trek, we all have different favourites (if you include ranking them all), but Enterprise? What’s that about?

And to be fair, I just couldn’t get past the title song which doesn’t have much to do with the writing or acting and such. But that song. It’s what skip credits was invented for.

7 Likes

That song was an anchor tied to the series.

16 Likes

They did one episode of the mirror universe version of the cast where they used a martial sounding instrumental theme. Instead of a montage depicting achievements in exploration it was one of warfare showing the start of the Terran Empire.
It was neat

The 3rd season with an overarching arc was good. Handling a Star Trek equivalent of 9/11 and a punitive expedition. Ended in a totally Gene Roddenberry approved fashion.

Also bear in mind the last episode of the series is called “Terra Prime”. Do not let anyone try to convince you otherwise.

10 Likes

I have always been told that and I really do think as @KathyPartdeux said that theme tune was the anchor which sank it. Everyone was already gone by that stage.

I also enjoyed the Terran empire one intro, though I’m not a huge mirror universe fan in general. Use it sparingly. It’s like how they often had quotas on comic book superpower usage. And why they should ditch the Daleks for a good few years on Dr Who. Make modern Nazis instead maybe.

6 Likes

It’s a shame too. Going back and rewatching it was much better than my first impression. Especially after the first season.

10 Likes

Wow! It’s Captain Janeway’s TV husband!

(later retconned due to creepy age difference)

8 Likes

It was awful, wasn’t it? I ended up going back and watching it all, and it’s got some good stuff in it. Jeffery Combs as the anti-human Andorian Shran was almost worth watching it all by himself!

It’s worth giving it a watch, I’d say.

I also really liked that the Mirror Universe episode in Enterprise was not at all connected to the regular universe… it was just a sort of side-adventure thing!

I think a lot of people feel dubious about that season, but probably for the same reason some people dislike DS9 - they don’t think Trek should be interconnected story-telling like that, since that’s not “real” trek!

5 Likes