Quaker Apples & Cinnamon has "35% less sugar" because they've cut the portion size by 35%, while the price remains 100%

I trust them … but only because they are Quaker, a people with a reputation for honesty.

2 Likes

8 Likes

I particularly like their motor oil.

5 Likes

Wait … a single cup of cereal is a heaping mound?

1 Like

You must be new here.

7 Likes

add it to this sometime?

It’s Magic!

4 Likes

But my cereal bowl is like 22oz and I usually fill it up…hell I put more than just 8oz of milk in any given bowl of cereal.

#thisiswhyimfat

*notably if you eat granola it is like two or three times as caloricly dense as regular cereal. A cup of granola can get to 300 calories, while some cereals are only 100.

1 Like

Wait for it.

Ya gotta love the people so incensed by something nonessential that they read that need to sign up for an account just to complain about how disappointed they are…

3 Likes

It is kind of disappointing, though. This stuff goes out into the world as fact and gets repeated and repeated and repeated. Most people will just accept it, even though the supporting picture disproves it.

@doctorow is probably a Russian troll factory.

I care, and I don’t think it’s nonessential. As I said in another thread

I care that the first thing someone thought to comment on was an inaccuracy. Because being accurate and truthful is not that hard, and regardless of political angle I want to see everyone’s best arguments, not their most inaccurate.

1 Like

The cut-portions-same-price I remember coming up in the news as the recession was ramping up. Stuff like yoghurt and ice cream being sold in smaller portions for the same price. Keeps inflation hidden from the economically illiterate, for better (if you’re a politician) or for worse (if you’re a consumer).

1 Like

Forget the recession. We’re theoretically in a boom, and they’re still (the cunning, conniving bastards) up to it.

Because everything is % profit driven. And if sales don’t grow, profit still must, so hey ho lets fleece the customer in other ways.

Also: @doctorow’s deeper and more important point is how much sugar is added to food. Most consumers are morons, and wish to buy into the pathetically absurd and happy world that manipulative advertisers and marketers create. So they’re eating tons of sugar and not noticing.

2 Likes

Not for me; I take everything I hear or read online with a big grain of salt.

Fun fact; I had regular flavor oatmeal this morning, and read the package because of this post; there’s zero grams of sugar in Quakers “original” flavor, meaning that 35% less Quaker claims less should be a lot lower.

Good for you?

No matter what we want or think, Cory and the rest of the authors here aren’t going to change how they write their content, and that’s all I was joking about.

2 Likes

2 Likes

No No No. Is work of Moose and Squirrel

8 Likes

Well, now I’m confused. I wonder if they used to have an even larger serving size or something, because my wife and I have a long-running joke about specifically this cereal’s serving size. But yeah, re-thinking this, a cup isn’t that much–generous, but not “heaping”, and it would be wrong to ever assume people eat small cereal portions. So never mind, as you were.

50g of oatmeal, 125 ml milk, 1 banana.
Lovely porridge in a couple of minutes.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.