? ❓ ⚛ Questions. Questions? QUESTIONS!? ⚛ ❓?

Do you mean morally wrong or aesthetically wrong?

3 Likes

?

Hehe, just joshing, what you say isn’t necessarily wrong but the issue is a lot deeper than just some actor playing some role, wouldn’t you agree that many considerations should be taken for some roles in particular, and that one of those considerations for The Major should be her ethnicity, or at the very least, her nationality?

8 Likes

Didn’t I spend the day like everybody else - napping in bed with my sick wife in the morning, being surprised by a pink two-headed ghost (possibly inspired by the ghostketeers watching What’s New Scooby Doo at the time), picking up lunch at Mc Donald’s because it would pacify the kids, and then driving down to Essex o get 4 packages of beef jerky, and two frisbees?

9 Likes

Is Essex where you live full of chavs as well?

?

4 Likes

Were the rest of us meant to spend the morning napping with your wife as well? Why didn’t I receive an invite? :cry:

11 Likes

Morally, of course; shouldn’t aesthetics adapt when possible to meet the demands of ethics, and not vice versa?

2 Likes

Then I agree you’re not wrong.

2 Likes

Don’t ethics naturally emerge from complete and comprehensive aesthetics?

3 Likes

Doesn’t this depend on whether you find Kant or Hume more compelling on aesthetics?

3 Likes

Wasn’t I thinking more of Hegel’s idealism with a soupçon of Derridian contrarianism?

3 Likes

Why does anyone refer to Hegel anymore, when his ideas were so devastated by Moore in A Defence of Common Sense and Proof of an External World that all Hegelians had to move out of faculty positions and into university administration?

2 Likes

Condensed physics called, it just laughed and laughed, am I not a little terrified?

3 Likes

Why would you omit Adorno and Benjamin when discussing aesthetics? Or when discussing Kant and Hegel? And why try and drag Hume into it? :smiley_cat: Oh, where is @Mindysan33?

2 Likes

Doesn’t Hume get wrung like an old wet sock when anyone ever mentions reality?

3 Likes

Yeah, we might as well talk about The Matrix, right?

3 Likes

Shouldn’t you be more afraid of full physics, rather than the condensed version?[quote=“hello_friends, post:855, topic:76536”]
And why try and drag Hume into it?
[/quote]
Didn’t I once sublet a flat in Edinburgh from one of his descendants?

7 Likes

If by matrix you mean emergent tensor network then I think we can talk, otherwise, I’m going to keep referring back to theses which stand up to modern notions of space-time, not to be a killjoy though, if you would believe that?

1 Like

When the premise of reality falters in the face of physical evidence, shouldn’t we fall back on something like the Lacanian ‘Real’ instead of trying to shoehorn our experience of experience into our conception of reality? Doesn’t that free us to then create a figure/ground of aesthetic/ethics which inform one another without having to actually determine the composition of ‘real’ reality beforehand?

…or should that be ethics/aesthetics?

4 Likes

8 Likes

Don’t I mean that the Wachowskis are a preferable point of departure for discussing aesthetics than Hume and that metaphysics is either metaphorical or boring or a hybrid of metaphysical boring-ness?

4 Likes