? ❓ ⚛ Questions. Questions? QUESTIONS!? ⚛ ❓?

You’re asking if I understand scientists and analytic philosophy students generally avoid what professionals used to call metaphysical questions?

Aren’t I joking because the only time metaphysics-ish points come up any more seems to be informally, from a science-y person, say, on a board? Often to try and shut down discussion of cultural questions?

3 Likes

Ah, but isn’t that evidence that some people buy into the notion of the general concept of separate spheres for science, philosophy, and culture? Or that some people just don’t take philosophical questions seriously or treat it as a joke?

4 Likes

Why don’t you behave like a normal person and go to In’n’Out!?

6 Likes

(*abandons psychoanalytic hair-pin tangent joke)

uhhhm, something something holographic surface?

4 Likes

Is this the lazy Sunday version of a modern philosophical debate?

?

12 Likes

What’s the best burger in the States that could also still be considered fast food?

4 Likes

Isn’t the shake shack pretty good and fast food like? Doesn’t YMV?

3 Likes

Didn’t I hear good things about Five Guys but when I tried it, was not overwhelmingly impressed?

5 Likes

Isn’t there a Five Guys near me, which I’ve never tried? And although there is a Shake Shack in town, I only ate at the one in DC when I was there on a conference/research trip?

5 Likes

Big Kahuna burger seems like it might be good, but aren’t they super difficult to find? Shall I not keep Shake Shack in mind though, if ever I’m afforded the chance?

2 Likes

Am I out of touch for never hearing of Big Kahuna? Didn’t I find Shake Shack a little pricey (in part because DC has insane prices for ice cream) but still pretty good? Isn’t it spreading pretty fast, from what it seems like?

3 Likes

What was the name of that CSS that starts every browser looking the same in its presentation? :laughing: Why won’t Google help me? :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Isn’t that a tasty burger?

8 Likes

Yes, feeling attacked for having (nonexistent) metaphysical assumptions while your attacker also affirms other reified or essentialist ideas is funny, right?

Well, maybe at first it’s funny? Then just ironic?
And, with repetition, maybe we settle on enervating?

2 Likes

Isn’t In’n’Out the best fast food burger place? Did you know my favorite thing about Five Guys is the free peanuts?

Should everything I say on the topic be taken with a grain of salt since I'm a vegetarian and get the grilled-cheese on a burger bun at both places (which is quite good)?
3 Likes

Was it Readability?

2 Likes

Isn’t In&Out the stressy self-medication burger of choice at our house?

4 Likes

Wasn’t it Normalize? But doesn’t Readability look intriguing? :laughing:

3 Likes

You know how some Canadians get all excited about fiddleheads when they’re around for that brief shining moment? Did did you know that in Austin there’s a similar thing, but it’s when HEB has Poteet Strawberry Ice Cream, which is does right now, so my freezer now has three half gallon containers, and every time I open the door and see them I feel warm and happy inside?

6 Likes

Oh, also, do you know how bummed I am that I forgot to note Alfred Mosher Butts’ birthday this year? Were you guys aware that Alfred Mosher Butts was the inventor of Scrabble, which incidentally, is a Dutch word for “frantically grope,” so it could be said that Scrabble is the frantic groping game of Butt’s?

8 Likes