Quote reply for highlighted text again

My “Enable quote reply for highlighted text” preference has been checked for a long time, but all of a sudden today the “quote reply for highlighted text” function was not happening for me.

(It also looks like the preferences UI has changed slightly since the last time I looked at it.)

Is this a known problem?

1 Like

Paging the @discourse folks!

2 Likes

@smulder I’m sorry this isn’t working for you, but as far as I know this isn’t a known issue. I just tried this myself on this forum at it is working. I’m using Chrome.

Quoting not working could be a number of different issues. Could you try a few things and see if it comes back? Try a different browser, try toggling it off and on, try logging out and the log back in. See if it works for you on try.discourse.org. Sorry I don’t have a better answer at this time besides trying to turn it off and back on again.

1 Like

I can confirm it’s happening to me too.

Running IE 11.0.9600.18638 (Update version 11.0.41) on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

Problem occurs whether the reply window is open or closed.

• Try a different browser
  • Quoting works on my phone. Cannot test another browser on this computer.
  • try toggling it off and on
    • No effect.
  • try logging out and the log back in.
  • No effect.
  • See if it works for you on try.discourse.org.
  • I used meta.discourse.org instead of try.discourse, but encountered the same problem.
3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I reported a bug on Discourse Meta so that we can track the progress there.

5 Likes

Thanks! 

1 Like

Always works on an old Macbook Pro running El Cap & Chrome and an iMac running the snow cat OS with ancient chrome; only works half the time on my android phone/Chrome, and then only on the 2nd attempt at selecting text (altho the past few days success is more like 10%). Yup, toggled prefs; rebooted phone; logged out/in*; no joy.

(* And what’s up with that? Logged out on the phone, and the MacBook Pro logged out too! Logged back in on the phone, and the MBP was still logged out. Inconvenient and unexpected.)

No, you want it to work that way unless they create a separate “log me out everywhere” option, otherwise if someone gains control of your account changing your password, logging out & in will not stop them.

1 Like

Yeah, I suppose… the MBP is a friend’s that I just when visiting; would def prefer to be able to log in/out from just that box as needed without knocking out the other machines. #firstworldprobs, eh?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.