Raccoon attempts to rob woman in kayak

Don’t be fooled.

“Fuck off ranger, I’m gonna steal and eat an entire bag of potato chips and if you try and stop me my friends and I will gnaw your genitals off when you fall asleep”

12 Likes

Not to mention that something like 85% of adult (and 95% of juvenile) raccoons are infested with Raccoon Roundworm. Which for them is an annoyance. If they get into humans (not too hard to do), they eat your brain. YOUR BRAIN.

3 Likes

Exactly what I’ve been talking about; this is why we need ‘dash-cams’ in kayaks.

3 Likes

Late-stage capitalism.

2 Likes

oh god…i’m not going to look that up. i’m just going to believe you and never think of this again.

4 Likes

That time when an, er, sitting president got attacked in a boat.

1 Like
2 Likes

Came here to see how many people are complaining that this isn’t a kayak :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmmm, might explain a lot…

2 Likes

Right on brother! It’s pet peeve of mine that everything that floats is called a kayak these days. Most are simply recreational watercraft.like sit-on-tops or fishing floats. How someone could mistake a paddle board for a kayak is beyond me. She’s clearly not in anything.

2 Likes

Our raccoon had regular vet visits and treatment with compatible canine meds… (we had to get a Fur Farm license to make it legal at the time – no longer allowed)

http://www.2ndchance.info/baylisascaris-Bauer1994anthelmintics.pdf

Nevertheless, all tested anthelmintics provided the necessary 100% control of B. procyonis infections.
2 Likes

Wow. Is that like getting a fishing license for a few bucks?

1 Like

Ranger’s thought bubble: “God, this is so freaking uncomfortable. Why won’t he wear some pants?”

3 Likes

I was only ~5 when we got it, but I don’t think that it involved much paperwork or $$$. We received two metal signs that needed to be posted – for all I know, our house is probably still listed as a fur farm in WI.

Ah, here: currently only $50 fee, so back in the early 70’s probably next to nothin’.

Edit: looks like they have a separate “captive wild animal fur farm” license now (ours didn’t mention anything about that):

Still, not exorbitantly high $50 application/$25 annual for Class B (non revenue)

3 Likes

Of course not. You have to get a deer license if you want a few bucks.

15 Likes

sounds dirty…

3 Likes

The authorities told me I had to get a license to keep blind ones on my property. I had no eye deer.

9 Likes

Her expression is like 30% Holy Shit and 70% Is this really happening?

She defended her property well, we can’t let the wild animals see that we are easy marks, or soon bears will be heisting banks.

6 Likes

My brother’s friend took one of the signs and put it in the window of his RV.

6 Likes

At least the raccoon wasn’t in pajamas.