Raccoon tries to wash cotton candy, but it dissolves instantly

This obviously varies by species, larval maturity, and condition of surrounding tissue; but a fair few of the ghastly parasitic maggots have little dark structures on a mostly pallid body; which endearingly resemble a jaunty mustache.

Just look at his little mustache and imagine him peeping out a bit, donning and doffing his top hat, and bidding a nauseous good day to the assembled bystanders!

(Above: Mr. Grubworth Esq.)

3 Likes

It learns. By the third try. :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

I guess that it is better to have it come out of one’s scalp than to have it end up nesting under a tooth (the first story I recall hearing about those beasties).

WTF?! That’s… How the fuck would it get in there to lay its egg? Like, did it lay the egg in the person’s cheek, then the maggot migrated?

*Cracks open can of malt liquor*

Time for the forgetty juice.

5 Likes

While you have the forgetty juice to hand; my suspicion would be that the egg might have been deposited on another surface and swallowed(though burrowing isn’t out of the question); based on reports I’ve read of areas where the locals are advised to iron clothes that have been left outside to dry, because of a problem with fly eggs being deposited on clothing and then ending up deposited on the lucky wearer as chance dictates.

It’s an important reminder that brutal winter is actually a friend of mankind. People whine about cold and pine for sunny idylls; but that’s where the parasites run riot.

6 Likes

It was a researcher who was showing one of those buggers to somebody and it disappeared from his palm… A few months later he was having a problem with a tooth – there it was.
It was one that normally entered a cow’s leg and then burrow straight up to emerge from the cow’s back – straight up in naked apes trends to lead to the shoulders or head.

4 Likes

This is absolutely the stuff of nightmares…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.