Racist plays loud monkey sounds and recorded slurs to harass Black neighbors

Originally published at: Racist plays loud monkey sounds and recorded slurs to harass Black neighbors | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Wonder where he learned that!?!

19 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood!

8 Likes

27 Likes

Not criminally actionable, perhaps, but there is still civil law.

21 Likes

And they didn’t actually give out the asshole’s name?

16 Likes

That information is privileged; almost certainly white privileged.

33 Likes

He finds ways to stay under the law," Martinez said. “He can’t be wrong in the eyes of the law. He doesn’t care about the morals.”

Sounds like some of our tr0lls here. Like them, he’s eventually going to push his limits-testing behaviour just far enough that he will run afoul of the law. In the meantime, consequence culture might come for this racist scumbag in other ways once his name comes out (because while being white may keep it out of a corporate newspaper it doesn’t erase one’s name from the public record of property owners).

17 Likes

Holes in the law that allow people to disrupt their neighbors’ lives in obviously objectionable ways only serve to make HOAs more attractive. And that way lies madness…

15 Likes

Yeah, a name pops up, but I don’t want to assume it’s him. As local sources likely will be able to out him more conclusively, I’m guessing his name and deeds and former place of employment will momentarily be enshrined on the internet.

13 Likes

And maybe even federal hate crime statutes?

14 Likes

The Martinez family reported the neighbor to the police but authorities claim they are powerless to stop the horrible behavior.

Look up under noise and nuisance laws. The same laws you would apply if someone was, say, driving around playing loud rap music constantly.

17 Likes

Somehow, I don’t think that they’re looking very hard.

First off, I’d start tripping the guy’s sensor (probably passive IR) at all times of the night.

eta: And by that I mean I’d have Raspberry Pi trip it, using an IR laser or diode shining at the sensor, while I sleep and they don’t.

27 Likes

That is so sick and wrong. Do you guys not have hate crime laws? I mean, monkey noises?

10 Likes

Maybe the victims of this hate should have their own sensor that plays the Lumberjack song from Monty Python when these nasty people return home.

21 Likes

bruce-lee-thats-racist

18 Likes

My in-laws had a neighbor like this. After many years of being normal, guy went full-on crazy and just started spending a ton of money (generated from slip-and-fall lawsuits apparently, as neither he nor wife are employed) to sue his neighbors for no reason, over, and over, and over again. Courts threw out every lawsuit, but he would just fire up a new one once the old one was done. Set my in-law’s trees on fire “accidentally” one July 4th by deliberately firing Roman candles into them while I was there. Threatened to shoot their dogs if they set a foot on his property (even though his cats ran rampant throughout the neighborhood). Set up a boombox on the property line to blare AM talk radio 24/7. Drove my in-laws and the neighbors on the other side to sell their homes. Videotaped and posted to the Internet every minute of my in-laws packing and leaving while verbally threatening and harassing them the whole time. Cops wouldn’t/couldn’t do anything.

16 Likes

Oh, that one would be fun! As soon as I wired up an AM transmitter, he’d be amazed at what his radio was playing.

26 Likes

Obvious racism aside; isn’t that basically a tenet of psychological warfare?

29 Likes

Psychic TV’s Genesis P-Orridge once got rid of some irritating, thieving squatters on the lot behind his apartment by setting up a bank of tweeters and playing super high pitched square tooth tones just on the edge of human hearing. The squatters had no idea what was happening and eventually moved on.

Were he my neighbor there’s almost an infinite array of paybacks I’d use that would make his BS look like child’s play: seeding his lawn with weeds & marijuana, directional antennas blasting AM and FM progressive podcasts, a homemade LRAD, drone drops down his chimney of pet shop feed crickets or roaches and perhaps more invasive things. All things that couldn’t be traced to the person doing it.

I am spitballing. I’ve never been in that kind of situation but I am allowed to dream.

25 Likes