Racist tries to shame Spanish speakers in market, but another shopper steps in to shame the racist

The irony was intentional

4 Likes

Speak English dammit, just like the people who named our towns and cities, such as Terre Haute, Chattanooga, Baton Rouge, and Boca Raton!

12 Likes

English is just an evolution of several languages that were foreign to England.

11 Likes

well, if they weren’t before, they certainly were after…

2 Likes

tumblr_pfzl7bPiNT1u3yobi_540

35 Likes

Well, then they shouldn’t even be speaking English in England, then!

2 Likes

My sister just got back from Paris having not visited for over 20 years. She said that restaurant service has changed a lot … for the better.

2 Likes

Which are generally rubbish, of course. The English couldn’t get their heads around the idea that Welsh people in their own communities, in majority Welsh-speaking areas of the country, would actually choose to talk amongst themselves in Welsh. No, the Welsh must have been speaking English really, and only switched to annoy the self-entitled fuc… Ahem.

11 Likes

Bring her to Ikea in Brooklyn some time. There are like 150 different languages spoken there on any given day.

4 Likes

America’s language is sarcasm, with a light dash of Esperanto.

8 Likes

Speaking of which…I doubt that the vast majority of people living in Canarsie, B’klyn know how that neighborhood got its name.

2 Likes

Beyond that, there are, and have always been, a large percentage of Spanish speaking families in Colorado. My Great-grandfather bought our land from a family who had been living there since it was Spain. And they are still our neighbors.
This person is atypical, at a minimum.
FYI, the market where this happened is close to, and on the same street as the Mercadito and Carnaceria San Jose.

5 Likes

Someone should clue racist-lady that “rifle” etymology includes Germanic and French influences, and that Colorado is a Spanish word.

Perhaps she might move away, then.

3 Likes

IIRC there’s a saying in the states that used to be part of Mexico: “We didn’t cross the border, the border crossed us.”

7 Likes

I hate racists a lot, but now the internet is going to destroy that woman’s life, since her name was published online. I’m conflicted. I don’t think she deserves the crank calls, death threats, job loss, and general harassment that she’s in for, but if this is what it takes for them to learn…

15 Likes

This woman is clearly just exercising for MAGA muscle!
Good on the other lady for standing up to that crap.

1 Like

How to get a lifetime ban from a shopping mall:

4 Likes

A couple of years ago I was accompanying some friends at a “17 Mai” (Norwegian national holiday) parade in Waikiki. Lots of happy young blond people waving Norwegian flags. An older tourist couple in matching aloha shirts came up to me and angrily snapped “this is America!”. Doubly ironic given where we were.

8 Likes

i take any opportunity i can to use my white, male, privilege for the greater good.

10 Likes