Ramaswamy says colleges should require physical fitness test for admission

‘There’s a simple way forward that will drive excellence and diversity of talent among incoming college classes: the College Board should add a physical fitness section to the SAT’

I might be showing my age here, but isn’t college and university admission meant to be about academic performance?

12 Likes

Yeah, that’s false. First hit in google:

17 Likes

Based on the fact that the highest-paid public servant in a number of states is a college football coach, I suspect there’s already an over-emphasis on physical fitness for admission.

16 Likes

Putting a cap on college sport spending could drastically improve eduction.

15 Likes

Banning football could improve long-term fitness.

14 Likes

How about requiring a physical fitness test for candidates for public office? After all they may need to flee (as commanded by their Secret Service detail) from a potential assassin. Record those tests and show them (either on C-SPAN or on pay-per-view) to the general voting public.

homer simpson running GIF

13 Likes

15 Likes

Boy, Trump really started something with his whole “tr0ll as presidential candidate” thing. (Bonus points for the “ironic” fascism*.) This clearly isn’t a “serious” proposal, and I presume it’s intended as an attack on the idea of “diversity” in college admissions. (The fact that he - falsely - positions physical fitness in opposition to academic fitness is a giveaway here. He’s implying that all “diversity” considerations for college admission work against academic fitness.)

*Of course, the thing about the “ironic” fascism and tr0ll proposals is that they suddenly become real the minute the person is in a position to use them to advantage himself or punish an out-group.

9 Likes

Interesting, I’ve always thought they should get sports out of colleges. It has nothing to do with academics. Some scholarship students are pushed through sports programs without ever getting an education. The constant need for improved facilities and higher salaries drives up tuition costs for everyone.

11 Likes

Yes, it’s this classiest pseudo-scientific study.

7 Likes

I was in a wheelchair when I started college. This is just another bullshit ridiculous thing he’s proposing. This proposal would pretty clearly run afoul of the ADA.

19 Likes

Bro ain’t acing a fitness test either

6 Likes

“Sorry, Stephen. Not one pull up. It’s going to be a ‘no’ from us, dog.”

7 Likes

Yeah, why don’t they learn to make themselves useful with skillsets that don’t involve manual labor.

(deeeeeeeply /s)

9 Likes

Man, this guy is the Energizer Bunny of bad ideas. What a fascist prick. Gilead and The Man In The High Castle weren’t instruction manuals! If Trump ever gets back in power he’ll try to do exactly what this guy did to most of the globe (assisted by a bunch more aholes)

These creeps really do want America to become a PAPERZ PLEASE! NOW PANTY INZPECTION! society. With their sweaty paws on the trigger…

7 Likes

:laughing:

6 Likes

FDR has some notes

15 Likes

7 Likes

That fucker needs to STFU.

9 Likes

What’s that quote about conservatives campaigning on the message that “government can’t work”, then getting elected and proving it?

7 Likes