Ramaswamy says colleges should require physical fitness test for admission

It’s certainly
ACCURATE
AF!

5 Likes

If they want healthy strong youth, they might want to consider making cities and towns with roads that are safe to run and bike on. Fund school lunch programs, so kids are adequately nourished. Also, less particulates and toxic gases in the air would make it easier to run, especially for the one out of twelve kids who has asthma.

This is not formally part of my Presidential platform but it’s a serious proposal to address multiple cultural & health challenges with a single actionable step: most solutions shouldn’t come top-down from government.

So who makes this one actionable step? “I don’t believe in top down government.But this is one of the decrees I will command take effect, when I am elected.”

11 Likes

Why should college be only for academic study? Besides, not all students are on a sports scholarship. Rather than eliminating college sports altogether, the better solution would be to reform how scholarship students are treated.

I’m pretty sure at least at some schools the cost for improved facilities is paid for by revenue from those programs, so they are not the loss leaders you’re making them out to be. In any case, college sports are huge moneymakers so they’re not going anywhere.

1 Like

Mostly, they are loss leaders. I’m aware there is intangible branding that may convey benefit to a school, beyond just revenues that the programs bring in, though any benefit should be weighed against the damage inflicted on the brains and bodies of college athletes.

6 Likes

Yes. Gift link follows.

4 Likes

Any doubt he’s a danger to others now? He doesn’t think people with physical limitations should be educated? Sorta reminds me of someone from last century. What’s next on his agenda? Armbands with yellow Magen David or pink triangle? Who will be next undesirable on his list of types who are banned from higher education? When does he start lowering the level of education for people who can’t live up to Hitler Youth standards?

Was thinking how very tired most people are of a former POTUS who has been taking up way too much space in the national dialogue, but comforted to know his age limits how much longer it will go on. Then along comes this little young narcissist with some really dangerous ideas, even if they are only red meat to toss to a certain voting block. ::sigh:: glad I, too, am old with not much longer to play in this bog.

7 Likes

Like a vomit-flavored Pez dispenser.

3 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Certainly football is top of the list for injury-causing sports, and I wouldn’t shed a tear if it disappeared, but what about less injurious sports, especially those that cost far less? Where would you draw the line?

2 Likes

Most sports cost more than they bring in. So it’s always going to be a question of how much you want to spend. For me, if we’re going to spend money on things that don’t generate “revenue,” then Music, Physics, Theatre, and Fine Arts are at the top of the list.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.