Rangers kill the baby bison some stupid tourists moved into their car at Yellowstone

Park Rangers like veal as much as anyone. If they really wanted to find a home for the calf that didn’t involve eating it, it would not have been a problem.

Do you have any info on the availability of milk for a nursing bison, or are you just guessing?

2 Likes

Oh you’re right. In a park full of bison there is no way they could get bison milk. And commercial bison producers who have the occasional orphaned calf and manage to raise them certainly could not be of any help. And here I thought it was just Park Rangers who didn’t want to go to any trouble and did it just for the meat. Silly me.

I was asking if you had info, not if you could be a smartass. I’ll be more succinct next time. ETA:Appears to be a quarantine issue anyway, so the nursing issue would not have come up.

3 Likes

Another aptly chosen user name?

2 Likes

7 Likes

True. I just can’t stand “horrible humans” posts invoking oh the humanity on something that doesn’t really belong to the list of topics that would actually justify such an outcry, as if that list weren’t long enough. They just drive me nuts :confused:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.