Rankin/Bass mailman X Dead Kennedys: 'Stealing People's Mail'

Originally published at: Rankin/Bass mailman X Dead Kennedys: 'Stealing People's Mail' | Boing Boing

4 Likes

It seems that Fred Astaire could pull off any musical style.

10 Likes

Special Delivery Kluger: “Now, hold on, hold on! I can answer all your questions because I know everything about Santa.”

I Wonder Emma Stone GIF by Saturday Night Live

6 Likes

8 Likes

I taped this album to play in my car at least four times in the mid-80’s, as a couple were given away to people after hearing it for the first time as passengers, and at least two just wore out. At some point a girlfriend said she didn’t like it playing in the car because “it makes you drive too fast.”

Simpler times.

7 Likes

The DKs’ll have that effect.

They’re not alone. Jerry Lee Lewis always made me - and mom - drive much too fast.

I got to see the orig DKs on their final tour. The slamming was amazing: instead of bashing into others and getting bashed into, it was like being upright in a very wave-y sea. I could’ve closed my eyes and remained perfectly safe.

2 Likes

I saw them in ‘83 at the Seaview Ballroom, which was known at the time as one of the few places in Melbourne you could buy heroin without a reference. My best friend had just left the heavy metal band he played to join a big local punk band, Depression, who supported the DKs at a few shows.

There was a really tense collection of punks eyeing off a bunch of 30-something junkies, plus plenty of cops looking like they were expecting trouble. About halfway through the second set a little light chaos emerged between the various punks, junkies and bar staff. Fisticuffs ensued, the bar was closed and the cops came. I was technically too young to be in a pub and scarpered.

Almost as good as Motörhead, about a year later.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.