Rapper smokes out concert crowd with custom cannabis cloud cannon instead of fog machine

Sorta like an Insane Clown Posse show, where you can expect to get sticky with Faygo soda in the front.

Weed isn’t my thing, but I assume it is for someone attending Kushstock.

1 Like

Dang! That is some seriously dense smoke!
Personally I would not enjoy that, but it’s also highly unlikely I’d be up in the very front at this show, which appears to be the only part of the crowd getting fogged with the high-octane stuff.

Seems like these kinds of smoke guns would be more effective than those stupid “flash bang” grenades and tear gas canisters for crowd control at demonstrations, though. just sayin’.

7 Likes

That phrasing makes it sound like someone was physically preventing those people from moving or just leaving all together, and this conversation has just officially become an uncomfortable bummer.

That’s my cue to bow out, cuz this particular topic ain’t my ‘hill.’

7 Likes

Good luck lyin to Mum about where you wuz when you get home with your clothes reekin of that. “Umm, me and Chaz was just chillin at his gram’s place.”

3 Likes

Yeah you raise a good point. Still I think Consent trumps. But again you walk on a beach in LA and a reality show is taping at the same location. They put up signs that state clearly that your presence is implied consent to be photographed. But on the other hand getting my picture taken vs getting stoned cause someone else decided to get me stoned is really an apples and oranges thing. So I would err on the side of caution and respect for a person’s choices

1 Like

Oil fog has me wanting to claw my nose off my face. (Tangerine Dream, for goodness sake!)

This might be better, but I don’t think I’d want a seat up front.

2 Likes

I would argue that, given the festival touts it’s compliance with state regulations pretty heavily on it’s website, then that probably covers them and that most people there would expect this sort of thing. And again, it’s a CANNABIS CONSUMPTION festival, which happens to have live music. Not a music festival where there are people who aren’t aware of what’s happening.

6 Likes

“I had a hankering for some live piano music, so I went to this weird mansion out in the country that a friend recommended to me. The staff was rude, the other guests kept interrupting me, and then an orgy broke out. It totally ruined the performance for me. 0 stars. Do not recommend.”

1 Like

Once again, this is a festival that is age restricted…

5 Likes

I hear what you’re saying, but we’re not talking about “being around pot” here, we’re talking about being drugged. It would be like going to an adult entertainment convention and getting sexually assaulted. Yah, I know there’s gonna be sex on display, but I don’t expect to violated going to it.

I think it’s reasonable to expect you’ll get exposed to some second hand weed smoke at an event like this, but I think a performer intentionally hosing down the crowd like this is way over that line.

5 Likes

As a concept, sure its outrageously silly but in reality i don’t believe i would enjoy this. Particularly for the people right by the stage are definitely getting blasted by a lot of smoke, i can’t imagine me being ok after a short while

2 Likes

“did you see the name of the event they attended? they were asking for it”

the name of the event doesn’t make the dosing consensual anymore than wearing a particular outfit makes certain other activities consensual. that’s not how consent works and we shouldn’t need reminders of that in 2022

5 Likes

Not what I fucking said, and you know and everyone else here knows it.

5 Likes

Combined with copious information about the event and actual consent forms as part of registration for the event, yeah, it does.

It’s more than a little annoying that so many posters to this thread freaked the fuck out without doing a basic google search.

7 Likes

Facts, smacts! It’s more fun to make wild assumptions! /s

miss jay gif GIF

5 Likes

Thanks for mentioning this. I googled around for Kushstock consent form before replying and didn’t find anything. I saw “designated consumption areas” and things like “no free samples.” Where did you find the consent form?

Probably unfair to say “freaked the fuck out,” instead of “argued a point of view.”

3 Likes

You have to pretend to register. It takes you to the form.

Even with copious safeguards and not submitting real info, I’m sure I’m going to see a marked change in my inbox and the kinds of ads I will be seeing online for the next few weeks! :wink:

And, considering responses that compared this event to rape, “freaked the fuck out” seems an apt wording. YMMV.

4 Likes

Ah! I clicked through, but wasn’t willing to create an account–for precisely the reasons you note. And, if they signed a form acknowledging that they could get dosed like that, then yeah.

Thanks for doing the work, I do appreciate being corrected.

5 Likes

I’ve been sober since 1986, hardcore drunk and big pot smoker.

I go to bars all the time with friends, if someone put rum in my diet coke and said what do you expect it’s a bar, there would be a problem.

If I suspect there might be an error I’ll order another drink and watch them pour or my wife will taste it for me. She doesn’t drink out of support to me but she’s not an alcoholic.

So mixed feelings about what was done at the concert.

Of course I wouldn’t go to begin with because not my taste in music and pot is not like alcohol, you can’t get drunk being around other drinkers.

Still mixed feelings though.

1 Like

So it doesn’t turn up on a basic google search. You have to submit info, which people might have good reasons not to want to do.

2 Likes