Rapture believer demands return of $1,000 tips at Florida taco restaurant

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/11/rapture-believer-demands-return-of-1000-tips-at-florida-taco-restaurant.html

12 Likes

IMG_1202

37 Likes

39 Likes

Has the over-tipper learned any lesson here? Yes, perhaps: Wait for the next eclipse.

26 Likes

$40 on tacos? Maybe it was actually David Brooks…

34 Likes

She thought that the world was about to end. So she probablhy asked for the biggest deluxe taco of the restaurant and said supersize it!

Maybe she could sue some other people who were spreading religious/blasphemous theories about the eclipse last week.

Taco Oprah GIF

26 Likes

The rapture and free beer are both going to happen… tomorrow.

22 Likes

A smug fool and her money are soon parted. It’s somewhere in the bible, I’m sure of it.

21 Likes

Perhaps she should sue her church for “making her” believe in the rapture. All those donations… down the drain.

24 Likes

Problem is, the rapture did come on the day of the eclipse, but so few were taken that nobody thinks it actually happened.

55 Likes

Her religious leaders defrauded her with the rapture talk. Leave the restaurant and the wait staff out of it.

28 Likes

[Tom the Dancing Bug: The Trump Illustrated Bible - Boing Boing]

7 Likes

I’ve seen interpretations saying it’s 144,000 people. That’s a fraction of the number that go missing yearly.

11 Likes

Being somewhat religious, though not evangelical, I often wonder why these idiots think they will be grabbed up in the rapture without qualification. Uhh, there are certain requirements, and you do not meet them, so you ain’t going.

Personally, I feel that the only way I’m getting into heaven is after a spirited, lengthy argument with St Peter at the gates, and perhaps not even then.

Going to church on Sunday and being an asshole the rest of the time just isn’t going to do it.

25 Likes

I’ve got a plan.

“Look, a three headed monkey”, and run in while he’s not looking.

17 Likes

God gave her an extra week as a test and she clearly won’t make the cut.

14 Likes

Isn’t there something in her bible about “no one shall know the day”? (Not the rapture per se, which is a heck of an extrapolation, but the end times, second coming, etc.)

Whereas eclipses are predictable to the second for hundreds of years.

:person_shrugging:

(At least she didn’t dine and rapture without paying.)

21 Likes

I was told repenting on your death bed was enough.

8 Likes

In case of a sudden heart attack or hit-and-run, I always have the REPENT app ready to tap on my phone.

15 Likes

be sure to ask to “speak to the manager”. i hear that often works on the paid help.

16 Likes