Rapture believer demands return of $1,000 tips at Florida taco restaurant

Perhaps The Rapture is a place where your lifetime stupidities are made clear to you.

1 Like

That would be the app that deletes your browser history?

17 Likes

Given she went twice, the Tacos must really be “last meal before Rapture” good.

7 Likes

Now that’s an idea. I don’t see one on g-play yet…

1 Like

That’s the regret app.

Ma’am, since you weren’t raptured, can I interest you in a 60 dollar bible?
May I also suggest a song?

7 Likes

Jon Stewart Laughing GIF

6 Likes

Is Retroactive Revocation Option a thing?
How does card issuer react to this?

2 Likes

If I was her waiter and she came back wanting the $300 tip back, I would tell her that the $300 is my fee for having to listen to her bullsh!t

I have my application in for Valhalla. The eating, the drinking, the carousing… and those outfits? Biatch, please!

9 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing:
double yuks! yuk, yuk!
one from me, too. the ridiculousness of the whole thing is just…

1 Like

Why do you sully Blondie (and Basquiat, too!) by putting their video so close to that crap… have you no sense of decency, sir!!! :laughing:

7 Likes

Jesus gives me money.

1 Like

Wow, not even a “I made a stupid mistake and I really need that money, please give it back”, but jumping straight to accusing the staff (who she apparently really liked) of wrongdoing and trying to get them in trouble for her problem. If God were real she’d be getting a lightning bolt to the face any moment.

7 Likes

Maybe the rapture did happen, maam, it’s just that nobody you know was called to Heaven. Not you nor even one person you know. Think about it.*

• ain’t gonna happen, the thinking that is
5 Likes

It’s interesting how so many evangelical “biblical literalists” break their rule when it comes to the amount of people who they think will be raptured.
“Well you see they didn’t actually mean 144k, there was just a much lower population at the time so they used that to get their point across to a contemporary audience.”
That sort of thing

5 Likes

Honestly it seems pretty reasonable to suppose “thousand gross” could mean a lot instead of a precise value. Some groups like Jehovah’s Witnesses do treat it as exact, but then they still don’t mind that the same passage also calls them Jews who have not been with women, so. It’s hard to be literalist all the way through a book full of parables. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Someone with a grasp of Luke 10:7 this good probably shouldn’t be planning on getting raptured even if the rapture were on schedule.

1 Like

Just tell her that no one has seen the waiters since the eclipse.

23 Likes