Rebel sheep turn on shepherd

Exactly!

Ram, Bam, thank you, Ma’am.

2 Likes

I suspect the dog is running at the outside attacker (the videographer and/or the car) to protect the sheep from what she believes to be the major threat. If so, I would describe her as “valiant” or “noble” rather than “useless” (Rob’s term) or “indifferent”.

Who put the Ram in the ram-a-lamb-a-ding-dong?

4 Likes

I think you’re right…dogs didn’t seem to care what happened to her, don’t look to her for guidance. She also didn’t try to gain control; the second hit may have been devastating, but prior to that she seemed relatively ok . Hope she’s not too severely injured.

3 Likes

Note to self: Abandon plans for second career as shepherd.

1 Like

Yeah, notice that as the rest of the sheep buggered off, he stayed back to see if he needed to finish the job. Sheep have relatively long memories and good facial recognition.

2 Likes

wow! i’m a shepherd (although we call ourselves “graziers” in australia and we don’t dress like the wicked witch of the west). i’ve never seen a ram take someone down like that. it’s pretty common for rams to put their head own and stamp their feet at you. but a return foot stomp and a laugh is the end of it. i’ve worked with merino, border leicester, south down, ryland and dorset horns. no idea what breed those sheep are.

we don’t generally muster flocks of ewes with a ram in them. maybe that makes the rams a little feisty.

11 Likes

I was wondering whether the ram was nursing a grudge.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.