Reddit's AITA explores the ethnic stereotypes of stupid orange cats

Originally published at: Reddit's AITA explores the ethnic stereotypes of stupid orange cats | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Buttering some unkempt (and smelly) colleagues at the lab to self-groom has crossed my mind, but she actually did it.

7 Likes

The threat of not being able to see the cats actually inspired 4 of those 5 people to get vaccinated.

I’m not sure the orange cat is the only dumb-as-fuck animal in that workplace.

37 Likes

Face Palm No GIF

21 Likes

Weirdly, I have my own stereotype about orange cats- all the ones I’ve known have squeaky, high-pitched voices compared to other cats. I have no idea if this has any basis in fact whatsoever.

14 Likes

Either way, it’s not racist.

16 Likes

It used to be that vaccinations were a civic duty to protect public health. When it comes to vaccinations these days people act only in their own self-interest. My self interest is not dying, not getting sick and not getting others sick. But for some people, self interest seems to involve cats.

18 Likes

I’ve never had one, but I’ve loved orange cats since childhood.

download (17)

20 Likes

Great, why do they tell us this after I buy the 1000 pound pallet of margarine.

7 Likes

You would think maybe the margarine would help Jorts squeeze through the doors.

6 Likes

When cats don’t do what you tell them to do, and we think THEY’RE the ones who are stupid… Especially when what we try to get them to do is work!

20 Likes

These people should be glad they are even allowed to have cats in their workplace.

Because spreading margarine on a cat proves they shouldn’t be allowed to have cats in their workplace.

37 Likes

You know, getting hung up on the exact definition of “racist” is usually a sign…

It occurs to me that “HR” is insufficiently inclusionary…

4 Likes

I feel like I need to go rescue an orange cat from idiots. :-/

16 Likes

Great story, more twists than a zopf.

One risk - Listing only margarine leaves the door open to butter, shortening or lard.

(Added image, corrected typo)

11 Likes

OH oh, this reminds me. The game store I liked to go to before Covid has a store cat. He is grey and is one of them mutant 6 toed cats. His name is… Toebias.

24 Likes

In my experience, orange cats are amongst the smartest of household felines, albeit with very quirky and individual personalities. They sit and figure shit out before trying it. They hold grudges and will seek revenge. They can pick locks and open doors. They can open food containers and then hide them so it looks like someone else’s fault. They can be very affectionate but also exceedingly belligerent and pretty much do whatever the fuck they want regardless of any “training”. We had one that used to hide3 in the tree and jump on the postman’s head. It also broke into my room and ate my gerbil. Bitter? Naw. Just don’t turn your back on them.

14 Likes

My big orange cat has an unusually high voice for a tomcat. Maybe it’s a real trait. He is also always hungry, which a vet in another thread mentioned as a common trait of big orange cats. He’s not altogether stupid, but is easily the dumbest cat in my house. He makes up for it in friendliness.

13 Likes

Someone needs to tell these people that The Office TV series in not an instruction manual for working in an office.
Also, my buff tomcat has the cutest little meow.

16 Likes

I’ve never had one, but I’ve loved orange cats

I’ve had three. All were clever kitties. I wish the same could be said about the humans in this scenario. Those cats must’ve had interesting reactions to all the stupid af on display in that office!

scared not safe for work GIF

19 Likes