Reddit's AITA explores the ethnic stereotypes of stupid orange cats

Could be that the whole affair is just an attempt to add some excitement to a mind numbingly boring job.

1 Like

Whatever works. If people need adorable furry office mates to convince them to get vaxxed, so be it. Its a win win for everyone involved.

10 Likes

Yes, because white people have never done stupid shit to undermine anti-racist programs… /s

4 Likes

Yeah. Cats can’t metabolize vegetable oil. Use real butter goddammit!

9 Likes

I propose ‘Butter’ as the new official name for orange cats.
eta: “Like buttah…” /Joisey accent

2 Likes

Somehow I am reminded of $240 worth of pudding

2 Likes

Growing up, we knew a cat that had 6 toes. The cat was huge, and his feet were huger. Nice cat, too.

2 Likes

Makes me think that those 4 that got vaccinated so they could see the cats were remaining unvaxxed out of laziness (rather than some political stance or dumb belief). We have some of those types at work. I don’t really understand it, but never underestimate laziness.

9 Likes

Our orange cat isn’t the smartest one in the house (that’s the dilute tortoise), but he is the biggest asshole.

Had a few orange tom barn cats growing up. One was sweet but not the sharpest hammer in the sack. Would follow Dad everywhere until Dad accidentally backed over him with the pickup. After which, Dad was followed everywhere by a three legged orange cat.

15 Likes

This is clearly an act of sexism not racism. Orange cats are overwhelmingly male. Calicos are always, or nearly always female.

/snark

18 Likes

This was funny, thanks @thomdunn
I have 2 big orange boys. Both are smart and silly. I have met a few “dumb af” orange cats. Most are silly, but not stupid. However, I have never met a stupid calico or tortie. Every single one was wicked smart.
Have some gratuitous cat pics. Totes on topic for once

18 Likes

Street cats are usually pretty bright. The dominant strain where I am is gray tabby; we have 1 of those and one longhair calico. The calico is smarter than the tabby, but both are pretty sharp, and quite friendly to known humans.

5 Likes

Yeah, how has this employee not been fired for animal cruelty?

Locking cats in closets? Deliberately not feeding them? Smearing them with anything?

15 Likes

That’s just straight up animal abuse. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Cat coloration doesn’t have any scientific link to any personality traits. Yes, I know, torties and calicos have a reputation of having a certain “attitude” but in reality it’s just a well understood combination of inherited chromosomes and entropy that create specific colorations. Personality is determined by upbringing, randomness, and in some cases inherited traits based on pedigree – not fur color.

I hope these cats can find better homes.

14 Likes

You definitely don’t want Cat Scratch Fever. Ted Nugent is an asshole.

13 Likes

They’re assholes…

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

13 Likes

Never considered that angle before, since one of my mine was female. :nerd_face: Search results say about 80% of orange tabby cats are males. :cat2:

10 Likes

I’ve got three orange cats, and one is your typical cat - a bit standoffish except when he wants something, the second is a very friendly cat, but startles easily (and loves tummy rubs), and I think the third is a large dog in a cat costume - take a big calm super friendly dog, and that’s his personality.

And yes, all three are at my workplace which is currently my house.

14 Likes

That is the kind of cats I like. They are uncommon.

6 Likes

I call him “hat cat” (not his name) because you can literally pick him up and wear him like a hat and he thinks it’s fun.

15 Likes