Reese's Bats

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/31/reeses-bats.html

7 Likes

bat-behold

32 Likes

Well there’s this bat-shaped nozzle, right? And Chuck 'ere, his job is to keep the bat nozzle clean, right? Now, Chuck, 'e’s been …well, 'e’s been hav’n some 'ard times of late. So there’s whole bat runs where the nozzle’s gone a bit, y’know, wonky, y’see.

14 Likes

You’ve chosen the wrong year to eat anything remotely bat related. :bat:

13 Likes

amateurs…

15 Likes

Batman, there’s the bat signal in the sky!
Wait, maybe that’s the Troll signal.
Or the Hulk.
Never mind.

10 Likes

No Reece’s Monkeys?

9 Likes

Looks like Reese’s bagged up some guano by mistake.
Or was it a mistake?

6 Likes

Wait! Is the dark middle part not liquorice in the US? It looks like a red gummy instead.

The original for reference:

9 Likes

I think the sour bats are a completely reworked recipe. I’ve yet to find the licorice ones in the US. I have to get someone to ship me those and the Waldmeister ones from Germany.

4 Likes

So long as it’s still Reece’s, i’m fine with it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I guess Waldmeister is a flavour that is hard to get in anything outside Germany…

7 Likes

Frustratingly so. It’s good stuff.

5 Likes

So true. A friend operates a craft brewery and made some great Berliner Weisse this summer. He had to get the Waldmeister syrup shipped from Germany, and it was a limited supply.
It was such a treat!

5 Likes

Gummi is truly the finest artistic medium.

5 Likes

$32.95 for two 10.2 oz bags? I like Reese’s as much as the next person, but you’re out of your goddamned mind charging that kind of money.

1 Like

The trees have gotten worse too. I think they’ve given up any pretense of trying.

2 Likes

That’s a third party seller. It’s less than $4 for one at Target (pick up)

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I’ll check that out asap (did I mention I like Reese’s as much as the next person?)

2 Likes

Not sure what the surprise here is, they’ve done just as bad of a job with their christmas tree and pumpkin shaped ones years past and i would have expected just as bad of a job with bat shaped ones.

3 Likes