Regardless of whether it ends his term, impeaching Trump have five likely benefits

I think the infallibility of the constitutional framers is based around, they were rich white men who were business owners, creating a government for rich white men who were business owners.

I think it’s more likely that if you already believe in the Almighty and His Design, it’s not a far stretch to think that a system designed by people like you, for the benefit of people like you, is just another examples of His Mighty Works. And any weird side-effects were therefore intended.

My take on it, anyway.

2 Likes

My preference would be to not impeach unless you know the Senate will vote to remove – otherwise, Trump and his cultists would count it as a win.

But the House should definitely start investigating everything out loud and publicly.

1 Like

One wonders if they looked very hard for that.

4 Likes

Ermahgerd!
Denergous!

7 Likes

Undoubtedly true of many folks, but at this point, for the masses of conservatives in the US the ethnicity or gender of whoever the Democrats nominate doesn’t matter, because if previous GOP nominees like Romney and McCain can be called RINOs, then anyone to the left of that is a “commie.” What’s important for them is their hatred, and even if in 2020 the Democrats put up a white male, you can bet he’ll be called all kinds of names, and all kinds of conspiracies will be invented, and justifications for re-electing Trump will be made.

“In my mind, the re-election of Richard Nixon, compared with what was available on the other side, was so much more important that I put it in just that context.” – John Mitchell, defending the Watergate coverup.

10 Likes

There certainly is. You just need evidence that he was part of Trump’s criminal conspiracy. And I’m certain he was. I’d wait until you have it before trying to impeach Trump.

5 Likes

Sorry, but no election or polling data supports this. Bill Clinton won most of Trump country twice and Bernie consistently polls well with Trump supporters. Being a white male is more important than politics for a large percentage of “conservatives”

3 Likes

And if those investigations don’t end in impeachment, that would be claimed as a bigger win. i.e. “Even the Dems don’t think what Trump did was illegal”

Isn’t all of that literally tied to Masonic Christianity or whatever it’s called. Yeah I tend to think that current of thought came to America and then a lot of what we see as accepted cultural myth carries elements of it if for no other reason than it was a major influence on the framers themselves and a significant population of the people in power at the time. It wouldn’t surprise me to see elements of that kind of thinking, like God as an architect, or the ever popular symbol of the “little guy” ascending and smashing tyranny. I assume since that was the zeitgeist then, now we see it’s consequences for good and bad. Man, for most people traditions are like prayers they forgot the words to. They’ll just keep thinking that way because the ones before them did.

*I’m trying so hard to make it clear this is about actual historic Masonic traditions in America and not about weird conspiracies that use many of the same words… is it working?

not sure if they should put trump jr. in jail before or after, I mean he’d lose pardon powers but pence might be as big an ass and pardon while acting president

actually pence hired flynn and had to know what was going on, so if he could be removed too that would be pretty important

want to imagine acting president pelosi, that would be incredible if only for two years

1 Like

Rain cooled?

2019-01-18%2015_24_18-Window

1 Like

Hell, I know I’ll sure benefit hugely just from the schadenfreude alone thank you very much.

3 Likes

I usually bake pies only under duress, but I am willing to make an exception. I also will probably neck the unused Kahlua.
Scalzi’s schadenfreude pie recipe

3 Likes

It would probably be more accurate to say “they couldn’t come to agreement that slavery was a problem that needed solving.”

10 Likes

In this case it’s more the “a libtard” than anything else. They all regarded and spoke about Obama and Bill in the same way.

1 Like

According to this morning’s reports on BBC, the Mueller investigation has denied at least some of the Buzzfeed story.

This of course is not by any means the same as clearing Trump of all suspicion.

Obviously, though, it would be a good idea to impeach Trump with a really solid body of evidence. His absolutely core base probably will always defend him.

The real target is the hearts and minds of the undecided majority of swing voters.

There are still people who think Nixon got a raw deal.

3 Likes

Nice to see we’re on the same page… Cheers!

1 Like

Only if they go down at the same time, otherwise appointments fill in the gaps.

Gerald Ford was the House Minority Leader, Nelson Rockefeller wasn’t in office.